• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel Refuge

Laurel

First Post
So I don't look at other threads

How's the boat docks coming along? Do we have a ship? Do we have horses that we can take, or do we have to barter for 'em when we land?..... landing.... hmmm.... Can we get a map of what we know or think or as in enemy hands on that portion of the ringed continent?

The_Universe

First Post
You now have several ports under your control, the closest to Hyrwl being Crisoth. Of course, Sylvanus is also a port, but you're closer to Citadel Refuge at Hyrwl than you are at Sylvanus.

So, no shortage of ships.

You can teleport onto the landmass, as well.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
You can teleport onto the landmass, as well.
Except they state "we would make but one request: travel by land and sea." So if this is our chance we best not mess it up, unless we deem it a necessary loss.

Laurel

First Post
What is our objective in going?
1) gather a sword (Dwarvenblade)
2) open up talks for a new city under pheonix crown
3) information on Mordred/Tain/Tiamat (since they have a huge and very old library)

How do we get there?
The letter specificed going by land and sea through Aturia, Devaria, and Sumaria. Which I think means putting in someplace west of Atur (as just in the border of Aturia as we can, since that is controlled by Draconids, but may cut off some time that running through the forest bit may add on.
We have to start at one of our ports and I would think we take horses with us (Kareth can probably run faster then a horse, so it's just how tired he wants to be I guess) :)

How long of a jounrney would this be if everything goes perfectly?

(The less liked alternative) Or we say forget this, and just pop in a few miles away and see if they notice we didn't go the long way.

And I realize these are just two of many options.....

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
What is our objective in going?
1) gather a sword (Dwarvenblade)
2) open up talks for a new city under pheonix crown
3) information on Mordred/Tain/Tiamat (since they have a huge and very old library)
4) Reconnoiter the Southwestern Ring
5) Locate any remnants of the Army of the West
6) Seek sympathetic nobles/financial resources
7) I am sure there are still more reasons...

How do we get there?
The letter specificed going by land and sea through Aturia, Devaria, and Sumaria. Which I think means putting in someplace west of Atur (as just in the border of Aturia as we can, since that is controlled by Draconids, but may cut off some time that running through the forest bit may add on.
You could put in somewhere South of Atur, as well...there are a few ports that have deep enough harbors to allow a naval vessel to dock. Either way, you can expect to encounter draconids at some point or another, as they have established a firm dominance over that region over the last year.

We have to start at one of our ports and I would think we take horses with us (Kareth can probably run faster then a horse, so it's just how tired he wants to be I guess) :)
Yep - there'd be room in a hold. How many ships are you thinking of taking? The seas aren't exactly safe, either...

...which makes you wonder, why would they specifically request you travel by sea?

How long of a jounrney would this be if everything goes perfectly?
Depends on where you leave from and where you're going. If the winds are with you...4-7 days by sea. The overland portion of the journey is less predictable...probably something akin to another 2 weeks?

(The less liked alternative) Or we say forget this, and just pop in a few miles away and see if they notice we didn't go the long way.
You sure could - no way to know at this point if they'd be aware of your "cheating."

And I relaize these are just two of many options.....
Yep, but a good start!

I realize they may have requested we come by sea, but I'm thinking we should 'port for safety's sake. We could do Circle of Teleportation and bring a significant force with us...

Unless there's some reason to take the sea that I am missing...?

Remove ads