• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel Refuge

The_Universe

First Post
It is, but not under the kind of direct siege that Caer Albion was under. It's high in the mountains and a great deal less accessible to invaders than most of the other large cities in the area have been. You were able to observe (or rather, your spies were) large draconid troop movements into the Barrier Mountains, but they have yet to seal the passes around the citadel, and there's really no good place to try to surround the mountain city. Additionally, though they rule most of the Southwestern ring by default, they haven't draconized the whole population: they're spending resources pacifying the lowlands before mounting a major assault against the citadel. Even then, it's possible that they'll move north across the Westgate to Oberos, etc. (and eventually Sylvanus) before moving South across the Barrier mountains to Anathora and Nebhuriva.

Laurel

First Post
Can we send small recon groups in to scout the area... then draw up a map of the draco forces :) Or just a good map of the citadel and area surrounding it?

So guesses on why if they are under seige they want us to go the long way instead of just helping them?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Can we send small recon groups in to scout the area... then draw up a map of the draco forces :) Or just a good map of the citadel and area surrounding it?
You can, but will the Watchers also want them to travel by land and sea? Your spies can tell you (already) that you have a reasonable chance of meeting draconid patrols anywhere: they're widespread on the Southwestern ring, and move with impugnity.

So guesses on why if they are under seige they want us to go the long way instead of just helping them?
They've held out this long. Unless it's a trick, there must be something(s) they want you to see or experience.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
You can, but will the Watchers also want them to travel by land and sea? Your spies can tell you (already) that you have a reasonable chance of meeting draconid patrols anywhere: they're widespread on the Southwestern ring, and move with impugnity.

They've held out this long. Unless it's a trick, there must be something(s) they want you to see or experience.
Point one was more to see what thier forces are doing right around the citadel. I know they are all over the ring, but thought it may be useful to know where they forces are in the spot particularly. But sending people is more if the group feels we need that info. or if it is even worth it.

Point two I agree with and is my base for us taking the long route.

AIM-54

First Post
Pfft. I think it's obvious. Kennon wanted some naval action with this campaign and we've thwarted him at almost every opportunity. Clearly this is a clever set up to allow him to use all that naval goodness we've ignored up to now. :lol:

BUT WE WILL NEVER COOPERATE!!

(or will we?)

Laurel

First Post
Since Kareth/JC has been a good one for planning things- what's your take on all this? travel the long way or port it? still mulling? :)

AIM-54

First Post
Laurel said:
Since Kareth/JC has been a good one for planning things- what's your take on all this? travel the long way or port it? still mulling? :)

I don't think we really lose anything (other than time, but we've burning that like no tomorrow recently) if we take the long way. Plus, it gives the circle a good opportunity to really get a look at what's going on along the route and some opportunities kill some bad guys/do some recruiting/spread the word along.

It's also possible that the Citadel Refuge folk have some sort of anti-teleportation magic up that will do nasty things to us if we do try and do it that way.

What we might want to do is just look at possible routes from where we are (Hyrwl? Caer Albion? All this teleporting has lost me!) to Citadel Refuge and go from there.

And on the metagame side, doing some naval stuff would just be cool. For me, at any rate.

My 2 copper for what it's worth.

Laurel

First Post
AIM-54 said:
And on the metagame side, doing some naval stuff would just be cool. For me, at any rate.
This is now my top meta reason for the long way then. I loved the battle for alder's forest bit, so I know a naval scene will be that much cooler :D
At last we get to the pirates feel.

Laurel

First Post
DM can you do a possible timeline:

Where Caer Albion sucess/losses lie as we head for the Citadel
When we get the message
Any other stops of interest that occur, or what you know other PC's to be doing in the month or more between the fall of the tower at Caer Albion and the begining of our next game....

If this was all the set up for the next game nevermind- just have to remember to write it all down then :)

Remove ads