• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel Refuge

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Who is the summons from? Justice can Send them a message to try to gather some info...

Maybe the message isn't legit... maybe (Akbar) it's a twap!
The summons is merely signed, "The Watchers of the Refuge"

And it's not really a summons...more of a request for embassy. You could try a magical message, but the Citadel sent a mundane messenger to you.

The_Universe said:
The summons is merely signed, "The Watchers of the Refuge"

And it's not really a summons...more of a request for embassy. You could try a magical message, but the Citadel sent a mundane messenger to you.
Is that messenger still with us?

The_Universe

First Post
He waited for a response from Jaine (will she agree to send her representatives?) and then left immediately thereafter with the message from her to them. However, he probably could have been talked to before he left.

The_Universe said:
He waited for a response from Jaine (will she agree to send her representatives?) and then left immediately thereafter with the message from her to them. However, he probably could have been talked to before he left.
That's probably a good idea - the request to come by sea is a little off-putting... need to know why, if at all possible.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
That's probably a good idea - the request to come by sea is a little off-putting... need to know why, if at all possible.
You ask and he doesn't know: The Watchers (apparently an anonymous group who rule the Citadel) asked that you do so. He suggests that you do, as the Watchers are reputed to be very powerful. Their reasonings are often shrouded in mystery, but they have managed to protect the Citadel for this long, so they probably aren't just crazy.

Laurel

First Post
I keep thinking it of as a test of worth. If we cheat we are not worth thier time as we didn't wast the time to follow thier request. If we succeed it is because we are gaining some knowledge along the way. They put in the ancient or old roads of so it seems less like they just want to stall us or make us take the dangerous route through the draconid forces.

But they they could just be crazy or drunk and having a good laugh at our expense....

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
I keep thinking it of as a test of worth. If we cheat we are not worth thier time as we didn't wast the time to follow thier request. If we succeed it is because we are gaining some knowledge along the way. They put in the ancient or old roads of so it seems less like they just want to stall us or make us take the dangerous route through the draconid forces.

But they they could just be crazy or drunk and having a good laugh at our expense....
Could be either one...

Laurel

First Post
Personally I think taking a few extra weeks to get there and following thier request is more valuable and necessary then teleporting there and losing whatever limited permission we are being given.

If we do things there way, we have a reason to knock down the doors if they don't let us in. But we don't have a reason if we go against thier rules and are denied to speak to anyone.

I would ask though that we send one of the spies to hide out near the area, or sent there as a head announcer letting them know we are coming. If dracos try to interfere, then forget what they want we charge in.

This could just be a race: we are the red team, the dracos are the blue team... who will reach the citadel first! :)

Xath

Moder-gator
I believe we found out over the 276 days that Citadel Refuge was under siege by draconids. I could be remembering this incorrectly.

Remove ads