City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NakuruSai

First Post
Someone said:
Another man joins the crowd. He's still young, but tries to disguise it shaving his head and letting his beard grow: unfortunately, the only thing the beard does is itching. The rest of his body is hidden under a loose tunic like those scholars wear, and over it a cheap necklace with a large, though obviously of very little value, stone. Loos like the kind of people that offers jobs instead of dirtying himself, so you await expectantly.

"Greetings" says. "My name is Odno Hibas, sage, seer, schooled in many different matters, adept at countless themes, expert in copious topics, knowledgeable of many subjects and qualified at numerous subjects. I can provide exact, actual, categorical, conclusive, consummate, decide, decisive, definite, exact, factual, fixed, genuine, infallible, positive, precise, sure, unambiguous, undeniable, unequivocal, unmitigated, and unquestionably accurate data on an expansive variety of scholarly issues"

"Which begs the question of why am I here. The fact is, dear sirs and ladies, that my current source of income, the place where I worked, tolied, learned and researched is no more, being it's owners and master swallowed by the waves. So I'm the search of a favorable juncture, a concatenation of favorable circumstances where my talents, of which those I've described anteriorly are but a fraction could allow me to supplement the meager sum of my finances"

Mordik blinks trying to keep up with all the details of the conversation...Ye got a lot to say withou' sayin' much, lad!

Someone said:
"Do that see much use?" he asks after a brief pause, pointing at the various weapons and armor everyone has. "I can propel a stream of various kinds of harmful energies, but doing so is extenuating, not to mention that it does nothing to preserve me against physical assaults."

At this last bit Mordik chuckles heartily and smiles broadly, his scar pulling against his skin and lips as he does so...Well, the weapons, yeah. the armor..tha' really all depen's on where they hitcha with the "phys'cal assaults"!

Someone

Adventurer
jkason said:
"I'm called Eanos. And, yes, my weapons have seen a fair amount of use. I take it you've seen little conflict of your own?"

"Indeed I'm not knowledgeable on the knightly arts, nor I've been in the necessity of inflicting bodily harm on anyone or protect myself from assailing since I've spent nearly my whole life in Orussus." says Odno. "Not since I was ten and played with other children, in any case. But that means that I'll do poorly in my new chosen vocation, because even if knowledge is power it's not of the kind that will stop a sword being swung at you." The scholar looks desolate for a moment.

"I don't think it's such an insurmountable obstacle, however. I know that sometimes wizards and others like them, who have spent their life among books, also take part on adventures despite the relative frailty of their bodies and harmlessness in battle, and their performance is quite optimal and are recognized as illustrious -and rich- heroes. I'm certain that some weapons are simple enough in their operation that even me can suitably use them, and now that I think on it, I know somebody that knows somebody who in turn owns several things I can borrow should the need arise."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake listens but comprehends only a small part as the words used are not that of the sailors that he has previously traveled with. He looks to each of the speakers and as the conversaation continues, his brow knits tighter and tighter between the eyes. After a while he gets a headache and returns to his drink to try and calm his muscles that have tensed and in turn instigated aforementioned headache.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Someone said:
"Indeed I'm not knowledgeable on the knightly arts, nor I've been in the necessity of inflicting bodily harm on anyone or protect myself from assailing since I've spent nearly my whole life in Orussus." says Odno. "Not since I was ten and played with other children, in any case. But that means that I'll do poorly in my new chosen vocation, because even if knowledge is power it's not of the kind that will stop a sword being swung at you." The scholar looks desolate for a moment.

"That's why it's good to make friends with people of a heartier stock. There's little time for books when you're learning the ways of armor and armory. And sometimes, it takes obscure lore to know the best way to defeat an enemy."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion nods at Eanos' comments. "You seem an intelligent individual. Are you fluent in many languages?"

Someone

Adventurer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion nods at Eanos' comments. "You seem an intelligent individual. Are you fluent in many languages?"

"I can express myself eloquently in several of them other than the common tongue" answers Odno. "Precisely, some of the most obscure ones; it's doubtful they'll be of any good for everyday applicability, unless you routinely converse with demons and dragons. They are required however to apprehend the meaning of great numbers of ancient tomes."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Odno
"Precisely, some of the most obscure ones; it's doubtful they'll be of any good for everyday applicability, unless you routinely converse with demons and dragons. They are required however to apprehend the meaning of great numbers of ancient tomes."

"Must be pretty int'restin' tomes, that ya'd learn th' creepier languages ta read 'em." Troi says, breaking his silence. "Troi Delmontes is th' name, an' I'm a bit of a scholar m'self... more of a student a critters, though, rather'n dragons 'n demons 'n such. Easier ta track things when ya know their habits, y'know?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Someone said:
"I can express myself eloquently in several of them other than the common tongue" answers Odno. "Precisely, some of the most obscure ones; it's doubtful they'll be of any good for everyday applicability, unless you routinely converse with demons and dragons. They are required however to apprehend the meaning of great numbers of ancient tomes."

Eanos raises his eyebrows. "Actually, I recently had the misfortune of facing a dragon and one of her offspring. Though it wasn't exactly a conversational sit-down, if you catch my meaning."

Someone

Adventurer
jkason said:
Eanos raises his eyebrows. "Actually, I recently had the misfortune of facing a dragon and one of her offspring. Though it wasn't exactly a conversational sit-down, if you catch my meaning."

"I do. You mean that the conversation came to blows, after the first hits."

"Ha! you owned!"

"Shut up, I'm not finished."

"It's no at odds with my knowledge of dragons - some of them are vicious beasts, other as noble beings of increased cognition, and even some of them as both, simultaneously."

"Owned! where in the nine hells did you learned such use for that word?"

"Isn't it the same as you... er...?"

"Archieved victory?"

"Yeah!"

"Heavens, no!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads