City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NakuruSai

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Scott DeWar said:
(OOC: in another rpg pbp sight i frequent they use this sight:
http://www.coveworld.net/eberron/aerenal_translator.html)

Sorry to throw so much OOC in the RDI guys! thanks for this Scott, I'll make sure to note it somewhere and I'll have it for later as this type of thing is awesome to have. On another note:

This translator was developed by Skye Freeman and programmed by ..."Knight Otu"... KO has no end to his abilities it seems - cheers man.

[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think that second one is just a direct phoneme cipher, isn't it?)

"This discussion is interesting, but it is getting late and I haven't used all my spells today, so I'm going to use what's left to heal the injured and infirm and make water for the poor orphans, to help those in need, while preaching to them to follow their dreams and see if they can find a greater destiny for themselves."

"Bye for now, everyone--I'll be back soon,"
Aletheia waves to all her new friends and heads out to give aid to those in need.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(Pretty much, yes. There are some changes depending on context, namely word start and word end. And calling it "programming" is a bit much, in my opinion. :lol: Unfortunately, the threads in which we developed these things have been purged from the Wizards boards already. They're based on known words at the time of the ECS, and designed to sound similar.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, that's why I called it a phoneme cipher--the phoneme "se" produces something different than what you get from inverting the result of "es", whereas in a direct letter-by-letter cipher, the two should be the same. In the view of language as a Two Level Morphology, that webtool only handles the surface phoneme structure change level, rather than having a lexicon level, so it gets you nice sounds but doesn't have any lexical meaning.

Silly Wizards boards and their purges.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion stands to bid Aletheia farewell. "Your generosity is admirable, milady. May the trees always give you shade." He waits until she leaves before seating himself again. He seems more relaxed now, with the tensions between him and the dwarf being overcome with the help of some diplomacy and alcohol. He does not smile, but he does not seem the type who would smile often, if ever.

OOC: My 'elven' is just words from a dictionary that I throw together. It's nothing scholarly, I just like the way it looks. As for dwarven, Tolkien didn't like the sons of the earth so much, and as far as I know there is no extensive lexicon of any sort for dwarven. Maybe you could use Klingon and say it was dwarven, I don't think anybody would know. =P

NakuruSai

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion stands to bid Aletheia farewell. "Your generosity is admirable, milady. May the trees always give you shade." He waits until she leaves before seating himself again. He seems more relaxed now, with the tensions between him and the dwarf being overcome with the help of some diplomacy and alcohol. He does not smile, but he does not seem the type who would smile often, if ever.

OOC: My 'elven' is just words from a dictionary that I throw together. It's nothing scholarly, I just like the way it looks. As for dwarven, Tolkien didn't like the sons of the earth so much, and as far as I know there is no extensive lexicon of any sort for dwarven. Maybe you could use Klingon and say it was dwarven, I don't think anybody would know. =P

Mordik continues sitting at the table but does say his own goodbyes, I dunna know ye, bu' yer in the Red Dragon so ye can't be too bad. May yer blindside be shielded. He waves nonchalantly and goes back to his drink.

[sblock=ooc]I literally laughed out loud at the klingon comment but nonetheless it's a great idea! I'll go searching for a translator.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Rystil Arden said:

"This discussion is interesting, but it is getting late and I haven't used all my spells today, so I'm going to use what's left to heal the injured and infirm and make water for the poor orphans, to help those in need, while preaching to them to follow their dreams and see if they can find a greater destiny for themselves."

"Bye for now, everyone--I'll be back soon,"
Aletheia waves to all her new friends and heads out to give aid to those in need.

Eanos raises his eyebrows. "An altruist to the core, I see," he says as the woman departs. "You have my admiration, lady."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Yeah, that's why I called it a phoneme cipher--the phoneme "se" produces something different than what you get from inverting the result of "es", whereas in a direct letter-by-letter cipher, the two should be the same. In the view of language as a Two Level Morphology, that webtool only handles the surface phoneme structure change level, rather than having a lexicon level, so it gets you nice sounds but doesn't have any lexical meaning.

Silly Wizards boards and their purges.)

OOC: i am an electrician, not a lingustist...so i guess um...shure? , if you say so? *blink...blink...followed by vacent stare*

IC: Pendrake stands and bows to the departing lady and says, "May das halls uf Vallhalla sink praises uf you bij hun feesten"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: One week later in real life, and a few hours in game time later...)

*A few hours later, Aletheia returns to the inn having used up her spells for the day among Orussus's poor and helped tend to their injuries and maladies. There is are scattered smudges of dirt and grime on her from her charitable efforts, and they mar her beauty just slightly, but still noticably.*

"Hey everyone, I'm back! Did I miss anything exciting?" Aletheia asks.

*If someone engages her immediately, she joins the conversation now. Otherwise, she excuses herself for a few minutes to wash up upstairs and then returns shortly thereafter.*

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"nein, is still"
pendrake looks about and hopes for more conversation to help him learn the local dialect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads