City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik was dozing at the table as the conversation all but stopped except for some very idle chitchat. With a loud snorking noise he awakes completely when someone enters the inn, putting a hand towards his rapier sheath...He looks around and seems to relax his hand away from the rapier and towards his (now warm) ale.

Bleary eyed he looks towards the door....Nuthin' worth mentionin'.

Towards Pendrake he asks, Oy, foreigner, where ye say ye were from agin?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Das noord" he says pointing north.

"Majestic moutains, groene vallys. guut herd land. Ist for horses strong makin.

Mein fader sprecken gut for son strong makin too"

NakuruSai

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
"Das noord" he says pointing north.

"Majestic moutains, groene vallys. guut herd land. Ist for horses strong makin.

Mein fader sprecken gut for son strong makin too"

Mordik makes an affirming grunt noise and says, Ne'er knew anyone from the northlan's. Heard they be a hearty folk so your father may be righ'! He chuckles lightly and drinks a bit more ale. Well, I think ye were here when I explained the trap-springing an' such - what's your specialty, Northman?

Scott DeWar

"battle mein frend...glory aund honor uf battle."

he pats the hilt at his side as he speaks. it is in a leather scabbard, plain in color and texture, but well kept leather none the less. it is just a bit longer then 3 feet long and about 3 inches wide, or so.

NakuruSai

First Post
Ahh, honor and glory... Mordik says nonconvincingly.
He takes a good look at the sword though...Ye can smack somethin good with that though. Not quite as finesse as, Mordik gestures towards his rapier, But that don't make em any more or less dead! He chuckles a gapped grin.

Scott DeWar

Some time ist not fur death. Honor ist not fur most deaded...some of time ist just to zee who bestin with sword.

Someone

Adventurer
Another man joins the crowd. He's still young, but tries to disguise it shaving his head and letting his beard grow: unfortunately, the only thing the beard does is itching. The rest of his body is hidden under a loose tunic like those scholars wear, and over it a cheap necklace with a large, though obviously of very little value, stone. Loos like the kind of people that offers jobs instead of dirtying himself, so you await expectantly.

"Greetings" says. "My name is Odno Hibas, sage, seer, schooled in many different matters, adept at countless themes, expert in copious topics, knowledgeable of many subjects and qualified at numerous subjects. I can provide exact, actual, categorical, conclusive, consummate, decide, decisive, definite, exact, factual, fixed, genuine, infallible, positive, precise, sure, unambiguous, undeniable, unequivocal, unmitigated, and unquestionably accurate data on an expansive variety of scholarly issues"

"Which begs the question of why am I here. The fact is, dear sirs and ladies, that my current source of income, the place where I worked, tolied, learned and researched is no more, being it's owners and master swallowed by the waves. So I'm the search of a favorable juncture, a concatenation of favorable circumstances where my talents, of which those I've described anteriorly are but a fraction could allow me to supplement the meager sum of my finances"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

"Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo, man of many words." The druid elf stands to greet the newcomer. "I am Quarion, reverer of Verdante. Come, sit at our table and converse with us. The drinks are always free." He nods to Joe and raises his glass in a small toast to the generous bartender.

Elven Translation:
A star shines at the hour of our meeting.

Someone

Adventurer
"Splendid!" says Odno, seating. "Gratuitous sustenance and spirituous libations are very opportune in my current predicament. I assume this gift is not to be abused."

"Do that see much use?"
he asks after a brief pause, pointing at the various weapons and armor everyone has. "I can propel a stream of various kinds of harmful energies, but doing so is extenuating, not to mention that it does nothing to preserve me against physical assaults."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos opens his mouth, closes it, shrugs, then says simply. "I'm called Eanos. And, yes, my weapons have seen a fair amount of use. I take it you've seen little conflict of your own?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads