City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Adventurer
A fanfare announces the visit of someone of great importance, and a young man appears at the door. "It's Nodis!" a voice exclaims. "Obviously he doesn't need to announce himself!"

"Ah, Juliana. I see you made it here before I did." says Nodis

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimbus joins the man at the bar. "A gold piece for each, hm? A steep price, but you look like an experienced gentleman. I'm willing to pay for experience." Fimble pulls out three crowns and three gems. "Before I hand these over, might I at least know your name?" he asks with a smirk.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
A fanfare announces the visit of someone of great importance, and a young man appears at the door. "It's Nodis!" a voice exclaims. "Obviously he doesn't need to announce himself!"

"Ah, Juliana. I see you made it here before I did." says Nodis
Juliana chuckles and nods, "You get farther on your own two legs instead of having those strange creatures of yours carry you."

Dungannon

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Fimbus joins the man at the bar. "A gold piece for each, hm? A steep price, but you look like an experienced gentleman. I'm willing to pay for experience." Fimble pulls out three crowns and three gems. "Before I hand these over, might I at least know your name?" he asks with a smirk.

"Of course, goodgnome. My name is Devlin Magruder, professional investigator, currently between assignments." Devlin leaves the coins on the table and picks up the gems, one at at time. He examines them closely in the firelight, hemming and hawing over each one for several moments.

"These are fine gems, no obvious flaws that I can detect. You have here a blue quartz stone, a moonstone, one of my favorites by the way, and an impressive piece of onyx. The quartz I'd value at 10 crowns simply because it's not very rare, but still a fine specimen. The moonstone I'd estimate at around 80 crowns and I'd gladly pay you that amount for it now. As for the onyx piece, that is by far the most valuable. I'd place its value at 120 crowns."

Xael

First Post
Almayce, Grey Elf Cleric of Gliran 3 / Wizard 3 / Mystic Theurge 1

A weak-looking Grey Elf enters the Inn, nodding to Joe as he walks in.

"Almayce, Priest of Gliran and a Wizard.", he announces to the room while looking around.

He seems to spot what he's looking for, and heads towards Fimble.

"Excuse me.", he says while giving the Gnome a slight nod. "I overheard you talking at the shop earlier, and I could help you with the Identify problem. I can cast the spell without the need for ridiculously expensive components if you haven't already solved the problem by yourself."

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
Juliana chuckles and nods, "You get farther on your own two legs instead of having those strange creatures of yours carry you."

"Oh, yes?" says Nodis. "I've been making progress about that. Do you want to race?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Interested in the moonstone? It's yours, if you wish to purchase it. I'll take your word for it. 80 gold it is. Thanks a million, Mr. Magruder. It was a pleasure doing business with you." Fimbus bows and turns to the man behind him. "Here, Gideon. Take this money, it's your share. I'll sell these when I go shopping later today." He counts out 52 gold crowns and 5 silver shields and hands it all over to Gideon. Turning to Joe, he says, "Joe, I hear you sometimes keep things for adventurers, is that right? My friends Tor and Babette Delacroix had some things to attend to, so can you perhaps give these to them when they come by?" He counts out two piles of coin, each 52 crowns and 5 shields, and gives the to Joe. Joe nods, pulls out two small bags, fills them each, and puts the bags in a safe behind the counter.

Fimble bids Almayce a hearty hello as he enters. "Ah, yes, Almayce, I recognize you from the shop. Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the Third, Illusionist Extraordinaire, at your service." Fimble bows deeply, though not absurdly so this time. "Would you really identify the wand for me? I'm willing to pay for the service, it's those blasted pearls that cost so much! And, oh, is that a spellbook I see there?! I'd be much obliged if you'd let me take a look, I'd love to learn a few more tricks. I can pay, of course, and we could trade spells, if you'd like!" Fimble looks almost giddy with happiness.

Xael

First Post
"Well, the gliranite version of the spell doesn't require the pearls, but is a bit harder to cast. Let's say the cost for the Identify is either 5 gold pieces, or you let me copy a spell from your spellbook if you have something I like.", Almayce says while fiddling with his spellbook. "I'm always intersted in exhanging spells. I actually started a kind of a shop here, and craft minor magic items on demand and so on."

OOC: Almayce charges 10 gp for copying first level spells and 25 gp per spell level for copying spells of other level. He is interested in copying Hypnotic Pattern and Minor Image from Fimble (if he's approved for 3rd level soonish, and names a price for the copying). Almayce's spell list contains:

0th: All spells in PHB.
1st: All spells in PHB plus Ashnar's Mark, Disturb Equilibrium and Rays of Precise Force.
2nd: Alter Self, Command Undead, False Life, Fox's Cunning, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Levitate, Protection From Arrows, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, Spectral Hand.
3rd: Displacement, Fly, Phantom Steed, Shrink Item.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth (Fimbus) said:
"Joe, I hear you sometimes keep things for adventurers, is that right? My friends Tor and Babette Delacroix had some things to attend to, so can you perhaps give these to them when they come by?"

Nurlan's ears perk up. "So you know Tor too? The most valiant warrior I have met. We fought goblins and chased a villainous thief together in Monemvassia.

TheOcho

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Maladar? Valan intones, seeing his newest diceing partner slipping, Don't forget about us, or I'll take your turn. Valan winks at Jinx. That usually wakes 'em up

"Gentlemen, I apologize. All the commotion in the common room had my attention. Where were we now. Ah yes, it seems to be my turn again." Putting his crown in the pot Maladar rolls, Horde II (1d6=2, 1d6=4). Wincing at his bad luck Maladar says, "Next up".

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry about that with Thanksgiving I didn't get a chance to check the boards. Needless to say I had a lot of reading to do this morning when I came in to work. I didn't help that one of our clients was down so this is the first chance I have had to post.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads