City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy bounds up and joins the others at the door, only to come bolting back a moment later to scoop gear from under the table. He then proceeds to the door at a more sedate pace, peering back under the table occasionally.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar Warbray, human rogue 1

A dark-haired man strides into the Red Dragon. He hops atop a chair and from there to a table, where he stands with the air of a man about to make an important announcement. "This," he proclaims, "is a long awaited day in the city of Orussus! Keldar Warbray has returned!" His eyes swivel left and right looking for a reaction. "Keldar, Keldar Warbray. With a K?" He wiggles a finger at his chest. "You know... me. Hmmm. No matter - if word of my deeds has not yet reached Orussus, I shall have to astound with new deeds." He flips from the table to the floor, landing lightly. "Innkeeper, wine, if you would."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
A man dressed in blacks and blues - who had appeared to be sleeping at a table in a corner until this point - opens one eye as the latest newcomer enters, and raises an eyebrow.

"Keldar Warbray, eh? Never heard a ya. What's yer profession?" He pauses a moment after the question. "Troi Delmontes is th' name, by th' way."

Trouvere

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
"Keldar Warbray, eh? Never heard a ya. What's yer profession?" He pauses a moment after the question. "Troi Delmontes is th' name, by th' way."
Warbray splutters into his wine cup. "Never heard! Ridiculous." He rises and bows. "I live by my wits and my daring, sir. My great great great great great great grandfather having been the famous silver dragon Corsymryx, I fully expect my sorcerous powers to make themselves apparent any day now. In the meantime, I have been known to - " he clears his throat - "assist with troublesome locks or other devices. I see by that fine lute by your side that you are of course a bard. How splendid. I have some such aspirations myself. Here, listen to this - you might want to add it to your repertoire." He strikes a pose, and begins to sing in a clear tenor:
"Her eyes were blue
(Her hair was too),
My darling frost giant’s daughter,
But though she knew
My word was true,
The ice kept her heart colder.
But when I held her
Her love for Keldar-
Grew, and grew, and grew."

He carelessly waves a hand. "I'm still working on parts of it, but when I get to the later verses..." He trails off, and appears to wipe a tear on his sleeve. He stares off into space.

Phoenix8008

First Post
A man with short red hair and a neatly trimmed goatee walks in the doors and stops to lean on his quarterstaff as he looks around. "Greetings Joe, Saithnar returns safely from delivering Edwyd's famous pie. Hmmm... I believe I shall rest some." the golden-eyed man proclaims to himself before heading upstairs to a room.

Sometime later...

Walking down the stairs with his quarterstaff thumping on each step, Saithnar returns from resting. He notices Joe signaling to him from behind the bar, so he makes his way there through the crowd of other patrons. Joe hands him a slip of paper which he opens to read while filling his pipe and beginning to create clouds of smoke around him. "Hmmmm..." he murmurs. "Hired by Cassus to investigate stolen property? I see. I shall make my way there without delay then. Thank ye Joe." Saithnar mutters as he walks away with an air of distraction to exit the doors of the Inn.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Keldar
"I see by that fine lute by your side that you are of course a bard. How splendid."

Troi smiles a bit at that. "Nah, not really. I jus' play fer fun, y'know?"

He listens to the song, nodding slightly when Keldar finishes.

"That's... int'resting." He says, after a moment. "I think that, if ye're lookin' ta make a name fer yerself among adventurin' folk, ya'd better work on yer lockpickin' an' other such skills. They're a bit more handy'n singin' an' makin' music."

Trouvere

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
He listens to the song, nodding slightly when Keldar finishes.

"That's... int'resting." He says, after a moment. "I think that, if ye're lookin' ta make a name fer yerself among adventurin' folk, ya'd better work on yer lockpickin' an' other such skills. They're a bit more handy'n singin' an' makin' music."
"Yes, you are right," says Keldar, emerging from his apparent reverie. "Let other, lesser, men - and women - sing the tales of Keldar! Although... I do have five or six other stanzas that I feel are ready for public audition. The one you heard was the second verse. Let's see:
"Through winter’s storm
She keeps me warm,
My darling frost gi -

Well, perhaps another time, huh?
" he says, catching sight of something in Troi Delmontes' gaze.
[sblock=OOC] Good lord, I want to kill him myself [/sblock]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Keldar
"Well, perhaps another time, huh?"

Troi nods. "Might be a good idea. Don' wan'ta... unveil th' work before it's done, y'know?"

He pauses for a moment. "So, ya mentioned ya got other skills. How'd ya come across 'em?"

Trouvere

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
He pauses for a moment. "So, ya mentioned ya got other skills. How'd ya come across 'em?"
"Oh, a quick eye, nimble fingers, and these - " Warbray says, slowly and exceedingly unthreateningly pulling open his cloak to show eight daggers in double rows through loops in his leather armor " - will take a man far. A difficult childhood perhaps is also a factor." He draws a coin from a hidden pocket, rolling it between his fingers until suddenly it disappears. "Being the only one in your community with legs can be hard."
[sblock=OOC] sleight of hand check 1d20+4=20; also that orange colour was beginning to grate on me, so away it goes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads