City of Strangers

zizazat

First Post
Welcome to the City of Strangers! I have used the character backgrounds you have provided to start weaving a story together, but where it goes will be up to the actions of the players. Get into your role, channel your character concept, and have fun in the City of Strangers!

Character List
Gyle Cailean, Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean
Dr. Rory Mcllroy, Human Alchemist
Brannon Vandiir, Half-elf Sorcerer
Rezog, Half-orc Cleric of Gorum

[sblock="Administrivia"]
Summary

This post is a FAQ/Helpful Hints thread for the game in general and how I plan to run this Play by Post game.

Play by Post

It is my intent to submit a post as the Game Master a minimum of three times per week, with the more likely number being closer to four times a week. I will do my best to keep up with the pace the group settles in at as time permits. As players it will help the game flow to at least match the minimum of three to four posts per week.

Extended Absences

Going on vacation? Real life is going to keep you from posting for more than a few days? Just let the group know in the out of character thread that you will not be posting during that time. We can arrange to have you character played by the GM as an NPC so the game can continue in your absence.

In the event you are unexpectedly gone for more than a few days, just drop a note when you can let the group know what is up. We will be flexible in working you back into the game. During unexpected absences the GM reserves the right to NPC you character - though actions made by the character will be conservative or follow typical player actions.

Role Playing

Play by Post campaigns are a great place to really role play your character. Generally you have more time to craft a response. Strong role playing is encouraged. Have fun with your character!

Combat

Combat is a part of any Pathfinder game and that is no different here. As a character please list you actions in combat, keeping in mind the environment may change depending on your place in initiative - so take that into account.

You can roll your dice via the EN World forums dice roller or you can use Invisible Castle. If using Invisible Castle, just include the link to the dice roll in the OOC section of your post. I will be rolling via En World forums dice roller.

Combat mapping will be done via graphic maps that I link to from the GM posts in the OOC section of the post. Keep your movement rates in mind and describe where you are moving to and I will update your character's representation on the map appropriately.

In Character versus Out of Character

I will not be creating a second OOC thread this time. Please use the tags to hide your OOC comments behind a spoiler block. It keeps the thread looking a little cleaner that way. PMs to me are also fine if you have something to mention that you would rather not have in the main thread.

GM Background and Style

Most of you have already played under me in the past, in person. Jeff I have been a player for in a PFS Play by Post. So most of you already know my style, which I feel has a strong basis in the rules but also tries to weave in an interesting story into the Golarion backdrop. If you disagree with a call I make as GM I am willing to listen to your explication. I am usually in favor of strong story/role play reasons over munchkinism.

And finally this game is supposed to be fun for all. if you have suggestions for me you are welcome to email them to me offline. It takes a work from me and the players to make this an enjoyable experience. Enjoy!
[/sblock]

I have uploaded a city map of Kaer Maga to Obsidian Portal and will be adding points on the map as you travel to different locations.

zizazat

First Post
Date: 29 Calistril 4712
Time: 6 PM

Rory quickly examines the boy, and sees that while the blood is fresh he does not appear to be bleeding currently. The clothes are a mess of blood and torn fabric. The good news is the boy appears to be breathing, but he is otherwise unresponsive.

Gyle says, “I used the last of my healing on the boy. I heard him scream and found him in a nearby alley bleeding, and rushed him here!”

Rory looks up from his work, over Gyle’s shoulder and see a half-elven man standing in the doorway. He is dressed in a rather nice looking shirt and pants, with low cut leather boots.

[sblock=Skill Checks]I need the following:
Gyle - Perception
Rory - Heal, Perception
Please feel free to declare any others you’d like to use/make.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]It’s up to you guys now, I will try to limit my posting of putting words in the character’s mouths going forward. I believe the stage is properly set in motion!

Remember, to add dice rolls you have to post something first, then you can use the 'ADD DICE ROLL' button that shows up on that post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
"I saw Gyle rushing in here from the street with that injured boy." Brannon replies. "I wanted to see if I could be of any assistance."

"The name is Brannon. Brannon Vindiir." Brannon continues. "Is there anything I can do to help?

I heard a high pitched scream from an alley. Without thinking I ran back into the alley and found the boy laying face down, convulsing. I'm almost positive some horrid creature of the deep crawled out looking for an easy meal. We should rally the Dusk Warrdens at one, I will lead them back to the spot where I found the boy.

Sir Vindiir, if you are fleet of foot go and summon the closest Dusk Warden, but beware, I fear the boy's is the not the last blood that will be shed tonight.

IronWolf

blank
Brannon surveys the scene as Gyle replies. I just came from the Duskwardens. Brannon replies, a quick glance out the door behind him. "Did you see something from the deep or just suspect it?

IronWolf

blank
Brannon nods as Gyle replies. "Hooves and horns? Scurrying up the side of a building? That does not bode well. If there was only one, perhaps we can send word to the Duskwardens while we go check it out.

Brannon looks back out to the street to see if he sees someone that looks like a possible messenger at the small price of coin to take a message to the Duskwardens from him.

Remove ads