• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Strangers

ExaltedDarkness

First Post
Rory motions over to one of the acolytes, says a few quick instructions then turns and speaks to Gyle and Brannon.

"I have instructed Acolyte Durnish here to fetch some warm water, fresh linens and bandages, and a clean shift for the boy to wear. I have done all I can to make him comfortable. Durnish will see that he is comfortable and well cared for."

After gathering a few things, doning his leather duster and snaping his healer's kit shut, he turns again to Gyle and Brannon. "After you, gentlemen. I'll offer any aid I can in tracking this hooved beast, but we best be quick about it, before night falls..."

With his mace drawn, Gyle will lead the others to the spot where he found the boy and begins searching the area.

"This is where I found the boy, though it wasn't untill later that I remembered seeing the horned creature."

zizazat

First Post
Gyle - as you mentioned in your email, your bonus was incorrect so your total should be 7 not 4. I'll keep that in mind.

The three of you head to the alley lead by Gyle. When you arrive you see little out of the ordinary, save for the blood. There are some crates and boxes, a communal refuse dump box, and a small boy playing. You can hear his boyish, playful shouts as you approach the alley. The boy is fashionable dressed, and wearing a goblin masking, jumping around waving a splintered board chopping up imaginary gnomes for the goblin's dinner.

Rory and Brannon can give me Perception checks for searching the alley.

IronWolf

blank
Brannon's gaze takes in the alley as he approaches it, taking a moment to let the details he can absorb settle in before turning his attention to the boy who appears to be playing ahead.

He steps ahead of the others a few steps, keeping his distance from the boy both for his own safety and to not appear too aggressive to the possible street urchin who might bolt. Dropping to one knee, Brannon calls ahead "Hello boy. That is some might fierce work with your sword. The gnomes stand no chance against you!." Brannon says with a warm smile. "My name is Brannon, perhaps we could speak with you for a few moments?

[sblock=OOC]

Ha! Figures! Only a +2 in perception and I rock that roll. A +10 in Diplomacy and I flub that one! Have to love the dice!

Perception Check -- 1d20+2=22
Diplomacy Check -- 1d20+10=11

[/sblock]

zizazat

First Post
Searching around the alley, you see blood on the ground where the boy Gyle brought must have been laying. There is a small, faint blood trail leading toward the direction you just came from. You also notice a few hoof prints around the area where the boy was laying. The wall Gyle indicated he saw the thing climbing on, you notice scratches on the wall, and a small patch of black fur caught on a water drainage pipe mounted against the wall.

The boy whirls around swinging the board and yells, "Ah! Ogres! Rekar will burn you and chop you up with his sword!" He swings the sword in your direction a few times, and stomps around in a childish interpretation of threatening. "Just joking, but I don't think my father would like me talking to strangers." The boy stands there, his brown eyes staring at you from behind the goblin mask.

zizazat

First Post
Rory - given the description and the physical evidence you've seen, you cannot think of any kind of magical beast that this could be.

The boy twirls around, slashing his board at the air singing "Don't talk to strangers, don't talk to strangers." After an impressive slashing volley, which no imaginary gnome could hope to survive he throws down the board and runs off leaving the alley the opposite way you guys entered.

IronWolf

blank
Brannon watches as the boy runs off down the alley, standing upright as he does so. "Sage advice the boy's father gave him, unfortunately for us." Brannon says with shrug.

Brannon studies the evidence found in the alley and tries to make his own deductions.

[sblock=OOC]
Knowledge: Arcana -- 1d20+7=17
[/sblock]

zizazat

First Post
Brannon - you also do not recognize this as any kind of magical beast you are familiar with.

[sblock=OOC]Playing around with photoshop and dropbox...
alley1.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads