City of the Spider Queen - The Adventure

wgreen

First Post
Kemble rushes up to the strange statue and stares at it, his eyes wide with fascination. "I wonder what it's supposed to be..."

gabrion

First Post
Upon setting off the trap Chance feels the very life being sucked out of him, but at the last moment he is able to fight off the feeling. To Ionna he responds, "I'll be well enough after I heal some of these wounds." With this he pulls a wand from his pack and it produces a faint glow as he passes it over his wounds.

"Encountering drow is always dangerous and if these traps are their doing, we have little to be suprised about. Either way we must take note of the danger and move on." With that Chance continues to scout ahead, searching all the while. When they reach the statue he also inspects it, but if he finds nothing of particular interest, he will move on slightly ahead of the group as before, searching their path as he goes.

OCC:
[sblock]
Chance uses 2 charges from a wand of Lesser Vigor, healing 22 hp. He then searches the statue and if nothing is there, begins a search of the hallway ahead.

Amor, just so you know I'm posting a message in the OCC thread.[/sblock]

Last edited:

AmorFati

First Post
Day 2 - In the crypts.

Deciding the statur pose no threat, the group moves further down the cave-complex.

On the other side of the cavern with the statue, a narrow passage leads westward, bending southward after a few strides. It snakes its way southward for about thirty feet before again turning to the west.

Weh you are twenty feet away from the entrance to the passage, Kemble, Chance and Donedal all see what the others don't; hugging the northern wall is a creature you identify as a roper. It looks like a stalagmite about ten feet tall. Most would not have noticed, but it seems that its attention currently is focused the other way, down the passage.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Quietly, Donedal passes on this information to all. "How do you propose we deal with this creature?" I recommend fire if anyone has it?

Last edited:

wgreen

First Post
"How exciting!" breathes Kemble. "I've heard about those things, but never seen one before...it's like a stone tooth come to life...!"

He grins at Donedal. "I've got some fire in a bottle," he whispers, patting his pack. "Do you think it'll help?"

OOC:
[sblock]Don't we need to make Knowledge (arcana) checks to see if we know about the roper's vulnerabilities, etc.?[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Ionna backs silently away from the Roper, whispering,

"If it gazes west for other prey, perhaps it's best we wait. Attacking it might alert other enemies, and why not let them kill eachothers? If none arrive within a minute then we can proceed."

Remove ads