• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class / Power Use Statistics

Hawke

Explorer
I don't think there's anything like this available publicly, but I'd be curious to see an archive somewhere of characters pasted from CharBuilder that included a question about if they've actually played with this character, how often, if they intend to continue, etc.

I'd love to see aggregate data on played characters and their choices of class, race, and more specifically powers.

There's a lot of discussion about certain powers being worthless or underused, and I think we'd see some really clear trends with certain powers being vastly underrepresented...

Problems with statistical data would be a bias toward Character Builder users (DDI subscribers) as well as Internet Forum Browsers... which could spell a little bit toward hardcore gamers and underrepresent more casual FLGS. Use through time could also be an issue, though you could always have an option to sign up for bimonthly pings asking "do you still use character X? why not" as an optional thing.

I'm curious what the data would show and whether or not it might precipitate changes (errata?) to allow more options for characters - perhaps even outside the addition of additional power-source splatbooks.

Any thoughts? Does something like this already exist?

Remove ads