CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

frostrune

First Post
Jokad stands dumbly clearly lost as to how to respond. He looks down at the sobbing gray haired halfling and hopefully back at Mandraiv... or any of the rest of you for that matter.

He snorts and his shoulders sag a bit. He thinks to himself, 'So much for patrolling the North part of town and making a high profile at the White Deer.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandraiv looks somber at the reading of the note. However, it is clear that his mind has begun to whirl and click again. He ponders something in his head while the woman reads the note and explains her angst. Then he speaks with determination in his voice, Don't worry, lass, he says, putting his hand on the halfling woman's shoulder, We'll find her if we hafta turn up ever loose stone in the county. Then, turning to the party, Ameiko's going to get herself in a lot of trouble, lads. If her father really is mixed up with the goblin troubles, she might be in over her head. We need to go to this meeting tonight, see what Tsuto wishes to speak with her privately about, and offer our aid.

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael nods as Mandraiv speaks, afterwhich he says to the halfling woman, "We'll find her, promise."

Once the cook is away from the group, though, Kael adds quietly, "We need to tread lightly, here, as family troubles aren't always set in stone."

"My father once stopped a man from hitting his wife," says Kael. "Only to find her knife in his back as a thank you."

"I think once we find Ameiko she'll be our best guide to things," says Kael before saying to the rest of the group. "What do you think?"

hewligan

First Post
The halfling woman managed to squeeze out a response between her tears:

"But the note talks about a meeting at midnight, and she has been gone since early this morning. Don't you see? I think the meeting was LAST NIGHT, and she hasn't returned!"

Her sobbing becomes more uncontrollable.

frostrune

First Post
Jokad shifts uncomfortably and speaks in his native shoanti hoping some of you will understand.

[sblock] "Shouldn't we tell the mayor or something? This seems like it might get 'touchy'... thats not exactly my specialty." [/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael responds in the shoanti tongue, before turning to the halfling woman and saying in a reassuring tone, "I'm sorry I didn't understand, I'll see what I can see, promise."

[sblock] "We should tell her, but on the way out to the glass-factory. I'm fairly sure this is the type of thing that they asked us to look out for." [/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik listened as the other spoke in a strange language he didn't understand. He shrugged and growing bored started looking around the bar for "clues" Suddenly he has an idea.

"Hey Bethana, do you have an object of Ameiko's? Clothing or something? I think we need to put Mal's nose here to the ground."
says the young man.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: If you want to head out to the Glassworks, please do so. It lies within the town, off to the west near the cliffs, really only a couple of minutes north of the Hagfish (where you are at the moment). If I don't get any posts saying for certain where you plan on going, I will assume you decide to do the heroic deed and go rescue the damsel in distress!

Jokad - be not too sad, I am sure the pretty girl will remember you!

Remove ads