[closed]Searching for players in a 3.5 houserules playtest[closed]

Lord Slaw

First Post
OK, character info is done, but I've run out of time to format it for a post, so it'll be replacing this post first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience!

Walking Dad

First Post
Lord Slaw said:
Arrak[sblock=Statistics]Arrak CR 5

Male desert half-orc ranger 5
CN Medium humanoid (orc)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Listen +1, Spot +9
Languages Common, Orc

AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 14
(+3 Dex, +5 +1 chain shirt)
hp 40 (5 HD)
Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +2

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee kukri +7 (1d4+2/18-20)
Ranged +1 composite longbow (+2 Str) +9 (1d8+3/x3)
Base Atk +5; Grp +7
Atk Options skirmish +2d6

Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
SQ wild empathy
Feats Endurance, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Rapid Shot, Run, Track
Skills Diplomacy –1, Handle Animal +7, Jump +10, Knowledge (geography) +8, Ride +11, Spot +9, Survival +9
Possessions +1 chain shirt, +1 composite longbow (+2 Str) with 60 arrows, 20 cold iron arrows, 20 silver arrows, kukri, cloak of resistance +1, horseshoes of speed, 3 potions of cure light wounds, 1 potion of cure moderate wounds, 2 potions of endure elements, military saddle, saddlebags, backpack, belt pouch, waterskin, bedroll, hot weather outfit, everburning torch, flint and steel, 50 feet of silk rope, 5 day’s trail rations
Coins 386 gp, 4 sp
Weight Carried 128.5 lbs. (mostly on horse)[/sblock][sblock=Mount]Mela CR 2

Male heavy warhorse
N Large animal
Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Listen +5, Spot +4

AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13
(-1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 30 (4 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2

Speed 80 ft. (16 squares)
Melee 2 hooves +6 (1d6+4) or
Melee bite +1 (1d4+2)
Base Atk +3; Grp +11

Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
SQ scent
Feats Endurance, Run
Skills Listen +5, Spot +4
Weight Carried 328.5 lbs. (with rider)

Tricks Known combat riding (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel)[/sblock][sblock=Description - Arrak]Age: 25
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Appearance: Coming Soon[/sblock]

REST COMING SOON
Desert Half-Orc is ok. Ask next time before you use UA, please.
List your horse under Possessions (including gp).
Add 11 to your saves to get your score.

Lord Slaw

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Desert Half-Orc is ok. Ask next time before you use UA, please.
List your horse under Possessions (including gp).
Add 11 to your saves to get your score.
Roger. I'll be sure to ask approval in the future. As for the character entry, I fixed the saves and updated the possessions list, adding in the horse and scratching the potion of cure moderate wounds. History and appearance is done, and, in short, he's ready to play!

Oh, and one more issue concerning the RG - I take it that you're OK with ignoring the 28 pounds of encumbrance over the horse's 300-pound limit? I'm already traveling barebones, and I'd love that 80-foot move speed. But not as much as I'd love my armor. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Lord Slaw said:
Roger. I'll be sure to ask approval in the future. As for the character entry, I fixed the saves and updated the possessions list, adding in the horse and scratching the potion of cure moderate wounds. History and appearance is done, and, in short, he's ready to play!

Oh, and one more issue concerning the RG - I take it that you're OK with ignoring the 28 pounds of encumbrance over the horse's 300-pound limit? I'm already traveling barebones, and I'd love that 80-foot move speed. But not as much as I'd love my armor. :)
I gave the characters without horses a non-combatant/riding horse for free. No problem with the 28 pounds.

@Mellubb: Warren gets a +2 synergy bonus to spellcraft from Know (arcane).

Last edited:

Remove ads