• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Closing the Off Topic Vampire thread...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I think this thread in off topic is ready to go away. I realize that some people think rules against insulting social, cultural or religious groups are waived if 'we all know' that the people in question aren't really worthy of those lables and are just freaks... :\ but I'm hoping that the civility rules on EN world don't just mean civility to people the mods can relate to. (I unfortunately missed the 3rd page where things get really insulting or I wouldn't have tried to get into the discussion so late :eek: )

Kahuna Burger

d20Dwarf

Explorer
I certainly hope your "banworthy" comment about Christianity is a self-fulfilling prophecy. But I'm sure bashing Christians is the only form of protected insulting on here.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
KB, the most obvious violation of board rules I saw was your one-liner about "charismatic Christians," and I removed it. I'm posting a general reminder in the thread, but I see no reason for the thread to be closed. "People who drink blood and want to be vampires" doesn't qualify as "no religious discussion."

I'll mention that it is usually most effective if you point out to moderators that there is a problem in a thread, instead of suggesting that it be closed (or a post be deleted, or what have you.) Once we know of a problem thread, we'll take appropriate action as based on our judgment of the circumstances.

And Wil? You aren't helping. Please try not to antagonize folks when they're already upset.

Last edited:

Actually, he means he'll take the eye that he lost (which he keeps in a jar of whiskey), and he'll keep that eye on the thread. Look at the thread now. There's a big nasty eyeball stuck on it. Ewww.

Psionicist

Explorer
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

Speaking of which, is it okay to compare D&D religions with real-world religions? I'd like the FR pantheon to be more like religion X, but I've been afraid to ask how to do it technically.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Psi, give it a try and use good sense -- and we'll give you a holler if it turns out to be a problem. As long as it stays focused on game-related issues it should be okay.

Please give us a link here, if you don't mind.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads