• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Bous Barbarian

Returning to the main group Bahruul looks somber "I don't think that it is right that we take the poor, old man's gems. He needs it more than we do doesn't he?" the Bous suggests "I mean, we'd have to keep it safe for him but we should try and find him and give it back. Maybe if we went about our business when we return he will be back?"

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Following the large Bous back to the group Keryth listens to his thoughts on the matter, nodding and smiling at Bahruuls recommendation before speaking, “I think that is a most wise course Bahruul, although we are under some hardship it is nothing compared to what Bo apparently suffers with from day to day. Hopefully he hasn’t run off and hurt himself...I would search the woods for him myself, but I don’t have the skills to follow him.”

Barak

First Post
Gav

After having waited a ong enough time, not really trusting the guards, Gav leaves the alley.

Well, perhaps I better not try this for a while then.

And so, instead of looking for possible marks to steal from, he concentrate on finding the scraps of metal and leather he was looking for.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Knowing his herdmate's generosity will always outstrip his own, Byntrou shrugs rather than argue their own need for funds. The suggestion to track down the beggar, however, does elicit a response.

"I'll admit Bo's hardship is clearly longer-standing than our own. I think, though, we'd do well to remember our own need for funds. I'm not inclined to spend time actively persuing a mad beggar when we've currently no way to feed or house ourselves, let alone collect the rest of the common adventuring gear we still need to start tracking the theives who left us in this state. I'll agree to our 'guarding' the wealth for whenever the human might return, but any more than that I think should wait until we've visited the bowmaking guild to find some means of supplementing our own income."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Great Bend group:

Destiny listens to all the conversation and just nods along. "I don't need much in funds, anyway. But I can understand how some of you might need a little more equipment than I might."

The woman who had given the most information decides that her usefulness had served them enough and so she tugs on her horse and leads it out of the city, past the party, and on towards Theropa.

Gav:

As Gav scrounges around on the streets, he does find several thin strips of metal that he could possibly work into lockpicking tools. They will need some refinement, but nothing Gav can't do himself. Nobody seems to mind Gav hunting the streets and alleys for the scrap pieces of metal. So far, however, no leather ahs been spotted.

As Gav searches, he draws nearer to the marketplace. He can vaguely hear out the calls of salesmen trying to draw people in to buy their good.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“Not to worry Byntrou, I won’t be chasing after the old man this day. As you correctly point out we’re not equipped for such a task and do have tasks of our own that are as pressing, but I do feel compelled to check the edge of the woods before I move on,” Keryth replies, moving towards the edge of the forest he calls, “Bo, are you there, please come out of the woods, there is no minotaur they are bous and will not harm you...come, return to your place beside the road Bo.”

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Bous Barbarian

"Yes! It is as you suggest Byntrou" Bahruul says passionetly "we do have our own business to attend, and, I agree that we should complete it. I wasn't meaning we need look for him, I have a feeling that before we leave this town we will find him without needing to look." the Bous says cryptically "So, let's go and see the bowmakers then shall we?" he continues as he starts to walk down the road, humming merrily as he walks.

Remove ads