• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Hoping that he doesn't reacquire his own purloined items in a similar fashion, as he has no aptitude for such a task, Keryth watches the exchange between Byntrou and the half-elf with interest.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Byntrou, Bahruul, Keryth:

The half-elf looks up at Byntrou and smiles. "Nice try, and I do appreciate the counter offer. But my original offer still stands. My wife paid a significant price for this bow. And I am willing to part with it, assuming you are able to prove it is indeed your craftmanship through a fair trade. But if I supply you with materials in addition to already having paid for the bow, I would stand to lose a considerable amount of money." He looks to those still standing in the store and checks out the present state of arms and armor. "Besides, you look well enough equipped to go out and raise enough funds to purchase your own lumber. If it does truly mean that much to you, the bow will remain safe in my posession."

Pwent:

In a town of about 5,000 people, Pwent is able to find a few taverns and a small temple. There seems to be some sort of general store present in the town as well. There are not many people in the streets, but it is during the late afternoon and the sun is beginning to get warm.

Gav:

The woman indeed finds several pieces of leather - each aboout 3 inches square. "Well, here you go, boy. Keep practicing the trade. Maybe one day you'll be able to make a full suit of travelling armor for yourself - or even to sell!"

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Nonlethal Force said:
Byntrou, Bahruul, Keryth:

The half-elf looks up at Byntrou and smiles. "Nice try, and I do appreciate the counter offer. But my original offer still stands. My wife paid a significant price for this bow. And I am willing to part with it, assuming you are able to prove it is indeed your craftmanship through a fair trade. But if I supply you with materials in addition to already having paid for the bow, I would stand to lose a considerable amount of money." He looks to those still standing in the store and checks out the present state of arms and armor. "Besides, you look well enough equipped to go out and raise enough funds to purchase your own lumber. If it does truly mean that much to you, the bow will remain safe in my posession."

Byntrou stands silent and unmoving for a moment. Delcoi's tongue flickers in the air, but she, too, is otherwise still, her black eyes locked on the half-elf. Then Byntrou plants a large smile on his face, baring his teeth, and bows low.

"Until my return with the required enticement," Byntrou says pleasantly. Without another word, Byn turns to the door and walks back out to the street, waiting for his companions to follow.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Great Bend folks:

[Originally posted for Pwent, but since he has not yet replied I will post it for all]

In a town of about 5,000 people, it is possible to find a few taverns and a small temple. There seems to be some sort of general store present in the town as well. There are not many people in the streets, but it is during the early afternoon and the sun is beginning to get warm.

Destiny walks up to Byntrou and says, "Sorry about your bow, Byntrou. But at least you do know it is safe whenever you can fasion another bow in exchange." She realizes this is little consolation, but it is all she can offer.

Pwent searches the town for the armorer Endoo Talked about to ask about the price. He also looks into any tavern he comes across to see about work as a bouncer and pointedly avoids the Temple.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Bous Barbarian

Bahruul turns to the half-elf before exiting the guild "Make sure you do not sell that bow, we will be back for it for he speaks the truth. I would take it as a personal insult if, when we arrived back, the bow was no longer here." the large Bous fingers the blade of his sword as he speaks "Thank you for your time" he says pleasantly as he leaves the shop and hurries to catch up with his friends.

Barak

First Post
"Thanks nice lady!"

Running out the entryway of the tent, Gav thinks over his progress.

Well, I've gotten me some picks, and some leather scraps for that bous. But I still need to get a lil bit of money if we're to pull off anything at that inn tonight..

And so the small boy mixes with the crowd, trying to find a way to palm a few coins from people milling in it.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Nonlethal Force said:
Destiny walks up to Byntrou and says, "Sorry about your bow, Byntrou. But at least you do know it is safe whenever you can fasion another bow in exchange." She realizes this is little consolation, but it is all she can offer.

The false smile Byntrou bared in the shop falls into a dark expression. Delcoi slides back out of sight now that they're back on the streets.

Without looking at his small companion, Byntrou replies "I've not yet decided what I'll be doing, Destiny. You might remember I never specified what I feel constitutes 'enticement.' This merchant seems to feel he's owed compensation for an ill-advised purchase from a street fence. He may be, but from the man who sold him tainted goods, not from the Bous to whom those goods rightfully belong. I've already been robbed once, after all.

"I'm inclined to march all the way back to the guard and demand they reclaim my property. I went through the humans' silly governance structure to report the theft. Questions of whether I crafted the bow might be reasonable, but the question of ownership?"

Byntrou growls. "But humans stick together, don't they? Especially in their own town. Against 'savages,' even more so. No, I suppose little Gav is right. No use trusting the guard to get us what we need; we'll have to do it ourselves."

The crooked smile Byn produces shifts the dark look into a more moderated mischievious.

"Come. Let's see if our little friend has found what he searched for. Then let's find our way to the Rusty Anchor. I suddenly find myself very much looking forward to putting an unexpected dent in the finances of a member of the merchant class."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads