Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

Barak

First Post
Gav frowns, unsure of the wisdom of the plan.

"Well.. That sounds good, but awful complicated. Can't you guys just drink with him, get him well in his cups, and then someone could accidently bump me into him? That'd be enuff, I think."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

"My concern isn't only with the blowhard merchant, little Gav, but also that, in a full bar, someone else less full of himself might notice you, as well. This way, not only should the merchant be distracted, but also any other potential witnesses."

Byntrou cocks his head and smiles, adding, "Of course, I've no special history with theivery, so if you prefer your plan, I'm sure Bahruul and Pwent, at least, are probably up to drinking a merchant under the table."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny adds, "Not be be a big ole stick in the mud, but getting our biggies drunk isn't necessarily the wisest option, neither. Should this go badly ... I'd not be able to move a tipsy Bous - much less a large man. But I don't know your alls ability to handle the ale, neither. Just offering my copper's worth."

Barak

First Post
Gav

The little boy shrugs, not really caring either way.

"Ain't a matter to me. I prolly could do it without even any distractions, although the help'd be nice. I just found getting marks angry to not usually be the best of plans, but I never worked with bous either, so who knows."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Delcoi slides out from her hiding place and twines around Byntrou's horn. As her tongue flicks in the air, Byntrou nods.

"I think we've some measure of a plan, then. We can head to the Rusty Anchor this evening to see about our little merchant. Pwent, if you want to play the part of the wronged, just make sure not to do any property damage; it'd hardly do if our new finances were instantly burned away replacing broken chairs and tables.

"In the meantime, we should probably be seen looking for more ... honest work. We can inquire about the thieves at the same time, so it won't just be subterfuge. I seem to vaguely recall something about a bowmaking guild. I might be able to find a commission there if I can get directions."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Endoo smiles when Byntrou mentions the bowmaker's guild. "Ahh, yes. Some of the finest bows in this kingdom come out of Great Bend. It's a suburb of Theropa, and only a few miles down the road. To be competely honest, they are the only ones I feel comfortable buying of off. The bow I gave you is make from one of the guildmistresses from Great Bend. If you inquire about work there, show her the bow. It'll most likely earn you a few points."

Destiny smirks. "Well, I could always try and get a job waitressing tables. Or given my most recent experience, perhaps I can turn myself into a mystic who reads fortunes on the street corner for a while! In fact, I've been working on this new thing that lets me see with my eyes closed. Remind me to show it to you sometime."

Endoo does add a word of caution at Pwent's words. "My friend, I would be careful with language like that. I would not dare associate with theives. it would not only harm my reputation but by associating with theives not aligned with the local theives guild, I could be seen as a financier of one of their rivals. That would subject me to considerable implications in business terms. However, people who act in a manner of wealth redistribution can quickly become popular with the people and gain much support quickly. Wealth redistribution is the key to a successful business, not stealing."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul

The hulking Bour shrugs his shoulders, trying again to move his mass into a positon more comfortable within the ill-fitting armour. "You do us a great service with the loan of this equipment, I shall do your name proud while wielding it. In fact I will name this great sword Endoo's Favour, a fitting name yes?" Bahruul says with a grin "The morning grows long shall we have a look around the rest of the town before heading to the Rusty Anchor, it is probably still to early in the day to get the merchant too heavily into his cups so I think we have time." the Bous says to his comrades.

Barak

First Post
Gav has started to look a bit restless in the past minutes, moving from one foot to another, and looking around a lot.

"Well.. How about I meet up with you guys there around sundown? There's some stuff I gotta see about."

[sblock=Nonlethal]
I just want to find some pieces of metal for those improvised picks, some scraps of leather for my new buddy, and pick a few pockets to get money for the inn
[/sblock]

Remove ads