Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter Two

D20Dazza

Explorer
Playing the foil to Byn's Sherlock Bahruul thumps across the floor towards a large metal device that rests upon the floor in a corner "Yo Shopkeep what is this contraption?" he hollers in ignorance.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, roguishly sorcerous barbarian

Nonlethal Force said:
To Byntrou he adds, "No, you did not mishear or misunderstand. The priests are not miners. The religious academics will occasionally enter the mines to bless a new cavern or such, but they do no mining while underground. Mining is dangerous work, and to mine properly you really need to be trained in the tools of the trade. One casual mistake can lead to a cave-in; which I don't need to tellyou leads to death in most circumstances. The religious types stay in their temples and the streets where they know what to do unless needed in the mines."

Byntrou nods and crosses his arms. "Temples. Of course," he says. "I forget the Gah'irr-kei'uhk have special places of worship. Boes revere nature, of course, so everyplace beneath the sky is a temple, every rock an artifact of power. But for your kind, it's rare to find something you'd call an artifact, is it not?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The shopkeeper looks over to Bahruul and realizes that he is holding the wrong end of simple metal rock chisel. "You put the pointy end into a crevasse and hit the other end with a hammer." His voice seems to be a little agitated.

Returning to Byntrou he adds, "Well, that's a much of a philosophical question for a miner. Artifacts are in the eye of a beholder. As you said, every rock can be something special. It just depends on whether you give it value or not."

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Noting the shopkeepers discomfort, Keryth wanders over to Bahruul and places a hand on his shoulder, saying, “Calm down my friend, I know you’re excited, but there’s no need to yell in these quiet confines...I’m sure the shopkeeper can hear you just fine at your normal volume.”

D20Dazza

Explorer
unleashed said:
Noting the shopkeepers discomfort, Keryth wanders over to Bahruul and places a hand on his shoulder, saying, “Calm down my friend, I know you’re excited, but there’s no need to yell in these quiet confines...I’m sure the shopkeeper can hear you just fine at your normal volume.”
"But it is so exciting" Bahruul says to Keryth with a quick wink "If my mother-cow could but see me now. In a miners shop of all places, why the only thing that could top this would be..." the big bous suddenly stops, a look, which you can only presume is a mixture of excitement and wonderment, crosses his alien features as he gushes ...would be to go into the mines! with a clap of his hands he strides towards the shopkeep "Can we go into the mines? Can we? Can we? How would we go about it? That would be some tale to tell my herdmates"

jkason

First Post

D20Dazza said:
"But it is so exciting" Bahruul says to Keryth with a quick wink "If my mother-cow could but see me now. In a miners shop of all places, why the only thing that could top this would be..." the big bous suddenly stops, a look, which you can only presume is a mixture of excitement and wonderment, crosses his alien features as he gushes ...would be to go into the mines! with a clap of his hands he strides towards the shopkeep "Can we go into the mines? Can we? Can we? How would we go about it? That would be some tale to tell my herdmates"

Byntrou lets his own eyes light up as he moves to Bahruul with a smile. "An adventure worthy of a Bous epic call-song, indeed."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The shopkeeper raises an ever more suspicious eyebrow at the larger Bous' child-like excitement. His body language quickly turns defensive, unsure of what might be coming next. He backs a step away from the party and replies, "Well, certainly not from my shop can you go into the mines. You want to go into an active mine you need to talk to a guild for permission. I just sell good - not mine tickets."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul's shoulders slump as he receives the devastating news, he shuffles back away from the shopkeep, dejection written all over his face, he looks as though he has never heard such tragic news.

jkason

First Post

Byntrou tries to paste an empathetic look on his face as he looks to Bahruul, then turns to the shopkeep.

"Are there many guilds around here, or only one? I don't suppose you could recommend one?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
In this city you'll find a few. "There are some enterprising young upstarts trying to find work without paying the guild dues - which, of course, anyone who wants to work in the mines ahs to do up front. As for recommendations, I'm not really supposed to say. Hurts my business if people think I'm playing favorites."

Remove ads