• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - OOC Thread

Nonlethal Force

First Post
unleashed said:
Maths teacher huh, well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you originally calculated only two boards. ;)

Actually, I only calculated one board. Take the vertical leg of the right triangle formed and add Bahruul's height to it and you get a value in the range I suggested. As the DM, I certainly was not going to be giving away any strategy except the most obvious!

unleashed

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Actually, I only calculated one board. Take the vertical leg of the right triangle formed and add Bahruul's height to it and you get a value in the range I suggested. As the DM, I certainly was not going to be giving away any strategy except the most obvious!

Considering I'd already proposed this, before the reply above that's a poor excuse for not calculating it out as jkason did...shame on you. ;)

unleashed said:
If there are any wider than the pit you could probably make some sort of makeshift ladder that zig-zags up the wall closest to us. By resting one end against the corner of the floor and the other against the opposite wall and reversing it at each additional step, placing the low end on the previous high end...

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yeah, well, I didn't want to deprive jkason of having a crack at the pythagorean theorum!

Anyway ... back to the game. Daz, is Bahruul trying to scramble up out of the pit using the wood or not? I couldn't really tell from your post.

EDIT:

By the way, since I am now running three games for this homebrew world, with Bront's suggestion I created a seperate thread for all the world info. Here is the link:

World Info

I also have the link in the first post of this OOC thread if you ever need the link down the road.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I have a minor DM "oops" to report. As I was setting up my third homebrew game on Enworld, a prospective player realized that on the "gem list" there were two notations for emerald - one at 1,000 and one at 5,000. Obviously, that could get confusing. So, the 1,000gp standardized gem has been changed from emerald to fire opal.

Of course, that impacts the game because all of a sudden Destiny is no longer carrying a 1,000gp emerald, she is now carrying a 1,000 gp fire opal. So it doesn't hurt the party none - just wanted to update that change in the game so everyone was aware of it.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should've quadruple checked the list .... :eek:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Naw, no big or small emerald. Just a half-baked DM. :)

Oh, and just in case anyone is curious ... if a gem of a greater/lesser value is needed as a spell component, they can be purchased at a different value. I don't want to be forcing people into certain routes for spell selection, just making carrying money easier, that's all.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Because it is a matter of convenience for online gaming, you will always know which gems are monetary gems. In fact, this may sound cheesey but you may always assume that unless your character goes out of the way to purchase a non-standard gem that the gems found are standardized in their cut.

Like I said, you can get a gem of any value - but unless you want a specific valued gem (for something like a spell component or what have you) they will be assumed to be standardized. If it helps in an IC kind of way, you can assume they are cut uniquely so as to resemble currency coins.

On a side note, there is a really rough map of the kingdom of Barghost in the Enigmatica thread mentioned a few posts ago. It really isn't much to look at, but it might help you envision the homebrew world a little bit. If anyone else has tools to make a better map and is interested in doing so, you may feel free - or at least offer suggestions.

unleashed

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
On a side note, there is a really rough map of the kingdom of Barghost in the Enigmatica thread mentioned a few posts ago. It really isn't much to look at, but it might help you envision the homebrew world a little bit. If anyone else has tools to make a better map and is interested in doing so, you may feel free - or at least offer suggestions.

Damn, I missed your new game because I didn't check the TtT forum for one day. :heh:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yep. What can I say. I move pretty quickly. Of course, I'll take it as a compliment that people want to join my games. :cool:

But in all seriousness, two things could happen here:

1. If you want to DM a game you could start up that wilderness themed game that had some interest. I'd be a player if allowed and you felt like DMing.

-OR-

2. Typically I have found that 1 or 2 players who commit to spots don't make it through the character gen process. I could consider you a 1st alternate if you would like. The party is already 7 strong, which is significant. But if I loose one or two I could bring in another.

Remove ads