CMG's GenCon 2004 and ENnies Photos (Help Morrus w/captions for the ENnies Tables!)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Zounds good, Trace! Looking forward to it. :)

Thank you both, Allan and Cam! :)

So what do we have left to identify?

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Mark, thanks for posting the photos. I missed Gen Con, so this helps give me a feel for the convention.

Now that Indianapolis has hosted two Gen Cons, what are your thoughts on Indianapolis as a site for the convention? (I know many people on the boards gripped about last year's problems. Were they resolved this year?)

Mark

Hiya WRon! :)

From my recollection, the trip should have taken about six hours each way. You see, I was recalling when my brother went to Indiana University back in the early-to-mid-eighties but I forgot that the University Campus he attended is actually quite a bit south of Indy (in Bloomington). I'd also glossed over the memory that I lived about an hour north of Chicago back then, and that the speed limit used to by fifty-five then, not sixty-five or seventy as it now is. So, a one-way trip from my door to the convention center is actually just a little over three and a half hours, which isn't bad at all.

From my perspective, as someone who lives within a very large city, I found Indianapolis to be very charming, clean, and easy to navigate. I was only there for Friday, but everyone was very friendly within and without the convention site.

There was absolutely no line whatsoever at registration and it took no longer than to fill out a small card and hand it to one of many waiting employees. Seriously, a matter of a minute and a half.

The dealer room was huge with plenty of room in the aisles and, what appeared to be, even more space for the convention to grow. As you can see from the various pictures I took, there are many gamerooms and plenty of space for game play. I'd imagine the convention could triple in size and not outgrow Indy. I think it has found a home for many years to come.

I wish you could have joined us but we will have to be sure that you make it next year.

FDP Mike

First Post
Mark said:
Here's the next one (30t_ennies_tables.jpg). I'll keep adding them individually so that they will be easy to reference...

This one's got a few of the Fiery Dragon lads, just before receiving the company's first ENnie ever!

From left to right: Mike Johnstone, Scott Holden-Jones, and James Bell.

Of course, Mark, if you'd taken pictures later on, you could have caught James and Hal, um, declaring their undying love for each other .... :uhoh:

Thanks for the pics!

Take care,
Mike

Mark

FDP Mike said:
Of course, Mark, if you'd taken pictures later on, you could have caught James and Hal, um, declaring their undying love for each other .... :uhoh:

As good as those pictures would be, the book would always be better... ;)

grodog said:

De Nada?

Vasco de Nada?

Vasco de Nada, the Nihilist Explorer?

:p

Remove ads