CN vs. N: Chaotic Neutral Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Re: them being from the same book.

If someone wanted to buy either MM II or MM III, but not both, I would definitely recommend MM III. I might even use the teratomorph from MM II as exhibit A. The MM III has many monsters I would actually use, unlike the MM II.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I'll play the mivilorn. You do all the rolling.

A cross between a large elephant and a mastiff, 14 feet high at the shoulder and 18 feet long, enters the arena. It has a massive, oversized head with jutting, ragged teeth and loose skin on its jowls.

It charges to 95N10E, spewing digestive acid and then executing a charging bite maneuver. It will use its normal Power Attack = 15 to invoke massive damage.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The automaton takes 14 points of acid damage from the spew (rolled 16 Ref save). Fido's massive teeth clang against metal (rolled 39-15+2=26). The automaton has 100 HP remaining.

Round 798

A wave of negative energy hits Fido, who toughens it out the way you would expect an elephant-sized dog to tough it out (28 Fort save), taking 22 points of negative energy damage.
The automaton easily punches Fido twice (worst roll 44) for 44 points of damage. Fido has 258 HP remaining.

Time compress?

PJSlavner

Explorer
Fido misses (rolle 47-15=32). Fido spews for 12 acid damage.

Round 799: Automaton punches twice for 56. Fido at 202 HP.
Fido misses, but spews for 8 acid damage. Automaton at 80 HP.

Round 800: Automaton punches once for 23. Fido at 179 HP.
Fido misses (rolled 40-10=30).

Round 801: Automaton punches twice for 41. Fido also takes 27 negative energy damage. Fido at 111 HP.
Fido misses again.

Round 802: Automaton punches twice for 53. Fido at 58 HP.
Fido misses.

Round 803: Automaton punches twice 45. Fido at 13 HP.
Fido misses.

Round 804: Automaton punches really hard once for 42 points of damage. Fido is dead. I expected more from Fido. Automaton steps to 100N25E10Z, and has 80 HP.

Next in round 804 for Chaotic Neutral is a zeugalek (Lords of Madness). Gansk, it looks like you will be running the automaton.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 804

OOC: Infiniti doesn't have either book, so I'll take the Zeugalak instead of the automaton.

A 26 foot long monstrosity enters the arena. It has four saurian legs that each end in a single massive talon. An incredibly long, whiplike stinger thrashes atop the beast, and what must be its head consists of three tentacles that peel back to expose inner surfaces covered with hundreds of sharklike teeth and a gaping circular maw. Arcs of electricity dance over the monster's pale blue and white skin, and three huge yellow eyes glare from above its mouth.

It moves to 105N5E and lashes out with a tentacle. Miss. (Rolled 28)

Remove ads