• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CoC D20 "Dunwich Return to the Forgotten Village"

DallasPA

First Post
March 2nd, 1933
Miskatonic University Library
Map Room
Arkham, Massachusetts

Just as the THI leader is proceeding down the hall and approaching an adjoining corridor, all hell breaks loose.

Paul, Nick, Jibril, Sonny, and Tim look up the hall in sheer horror as a Blood curdling scream comes from Nancy Atwood as she is attempting to escape with the sack of books. Tim is frozen with fear; as Paul, Nick, Jibril and Sonny are trying to rationalize what they have just seen. Moments ago a bright green snake seemingly materializes from the fabric of the sack Nancy is carrying. As the snake enters this plane it begins to emanate a visual vortex, this vortex is a spectral anomaly of sorts. Paul, Nick, Jibril, Tim and Sonny all get the sensation of being dragged closer to the snake, even though you are not moving. A very strong feeling of vertigo begins to fill the entire hall. All poor Nancy can do is scream in unearthly fright as the large 5 foot snake wraps around her and sinks gaping fangs into the taught smooth flesh of her arm. A pulsation of green and black begins to emanate down the hall and even into the map room, with each burst of venom, which pulsates into Nancy's Body. Even those in the map room are beginning to experience the effects of the vertigo, and can tell that something very unnatural is happening in the hall.

Everyone in the hallway shudders as Nancy's body blackens and swells with each and every pulse of venom that enters her body. Her body puffs up with unnatural ichors and unwholesome fluids. Then suddenly with a wet tearing noise, the skin begins to split open as her liquefied innards run down the floor of the hall. Those in the map room who attempt to enter the hall are driven back by the overpowering vertigoic emanation. As the horrified liquid and body of Nancy begins to spontaneously decompose, the snakes turns and looks at each of you in the hall, and then melts into a puddle of greenish glowing slime.

During this sequence of events everyone who is holding anything whether you are in the hall or map room drops them, weapons, books, cane everything. And you are still battling the sense of vertigo and spectral display that is still proceeding from the area Nancy disappeared from. No one is capable of standing at this time.

OOC:

Paul, Nick, Jibril, Tim and Sonny must all make sanity checks!!!

Anyone attempting to crawl the next round must make a will roll, if successful you will be able to start your crawl off of this floor and out of the building. No one will be able to grab or collect anything in this condition.

Patrick being stabilizied but unconcious is unaffected by the aforementioned events. he will remain in the map room, safe and sound, until this maleastrum dissipates.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I'm interested, theirs not much for me to do so I haven’t been posting. (I think I was the only lucky one not knockout and/or doing a sanity check.) I take it the sanity check ended combat everywhere?

Remove ads