• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CoC D20 "Dunwich Return to the Forgotten Village"

Maerdwyn

First Post
(ooc: we're using Attacks of opportunity, right? where am I in relation to the two armed THI members? I don't want to move in such a way as to trigger one.)

DallasPA

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
(ooc: we're using Attacks of opportunity, right? where am I in relation to the two armed THI members? I don't want to move in such a way as to trigger one.)

OOC: Not quite sure what you mean by attacks of opprotunity, in C0C during around you can move and attack (in any order), do double movement, or perform a full attack. Jibril and Patrick are still inside of the map room near the door, and can reach either of the two armed THI members easily. Johann and Jasper are also still inside of the map room. While Paul and NIck have been knocked into the hall.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seeing his colleague bleeding out, Jibril tries to aid him as best as he can. He rushes to his side and attempts to wrest the woman's knife from her hand. Only then does he realize he has no business being in a knife and gun fight. He goes a little pale, but continues on.

(OOC: Opposed attack rolls, Jibril's "Small" hand vs. Sondra's "Tiny" -assuming it's between the size of a steak knife and a combat knife, or smaller - knife. Jibril's melee attack roll therefore at +3 (-1 for strength, +4 for weapon size difference. Feh. Result = 6. http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Jibril#59001)

OOC:Edited to remove any posible confusion in light of the AoO decision.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jasper Bakemeier: (Male/Soldier 1)

Jasper will bring his gun down upon the guy that just swung at him.

OOC: I'm guessing that using the gun as a club with not provoke an AoO, if it does I change my actions, as I might as well shoot him. link

ShadowX

First Post
Nick Oppenheimer

Nick pulls out his pistol as the situation turns sour. If he has a clear shot he will fire at one of the thieves.

bruin

First Post
If AoO aren't in play and Jibril disarms the woman, Patrick will pull his gun, take a step to the side of the fray, and take a shot at the man with the map.

If Jibril fails to disarm her, or if AoO are being used and Jibril just hits her with the chair, Patrick dons his brass knuckles and likewise attacks the woman to get her attention away from Johann.

OOC: I'm assuming all this happens before Jasper gets to go again? I was just waiting for my turn to come up. Dallas, do you mind just doing the rolls for me?

Snipehunt

First Post
OOC - I'm kind of lost, but . . . assuming I'm up -

Johann shudders as the sharp point of the blade withdraws from his shoulder. He knows he has suffered a serious wound, but he refuses to leave this battle.

He measures his opponent in the blink of an eye. Initially startled to be fighting a woman, and one carrying a knife at that, he quickly enters the calm, quiet killing mode that served him well on the battlefield.

He backs up 5 feet and snaps off a shot. 17 Damage: 9

DallasPA

First Post
OOC:

Okay to bring some order to things I would just like to clarify where we are at.

As for AoO see my post in the other thread, and then I will make a determination on it.

Johann I rolled your initial attack because after you posted the online die roller, I didnt get a speedy reply from you (your actual roll), so to move the game forward I just rolled. Unfortunately it was a bad roll!!! Sorry!!!!!! In the future those who want to can just use the online die roller thats fine, others who wish for me to roll, I will continue to roll for them.

As for the above stated combat actions I will wait to resolve the issue on AoO, which I'm real fuzzy on. Someone give me a CoC D20 page reference please. After we decide whether AoO are in or out;

Then I will process the above actions in this order in light of our decision concerning AoO.

Jibril will act first followed by:

Nick
Patrick (I will roll for you)
Paul

Then the leader of THI will go since he reserved his action.

Then the 2nd combat round will start. That is when I will process

Jasper and Johann newly posted actions. (This may change if you choose to accept AoO, this implies that the two of you would get an additional shoot during the first combat round)

Sorry for any confusion, but with me being sick, and the board being hard to access I figured things might get a little hairy here.

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
(note needed)

Note that Johann and Jasper can't take an AoO w/ their guns - only w. melee weapons (I could use it as a club). Using a missile weapon provokes an AoO - which is why Johann backed up 5 feet.

Last edited:

DallasPA

First Post
OOC: General consensus seems to be to proceed without AoO. And I am siding with that. So I will resume my posts today no AoO. If you designed your character to take advantage of AoO I will allow you to modify.

Remove ads