• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CoC D20 "Dunwich Return to the Forgotten Village"

DallasPA

First Post
OOC: As a common courtesy to the others players, those with high initiative should strive to post in a timely fashsion. Even if this means readying or reserving your action until a later initiative rank!!!!

Thank You

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jasper Bakemeier: (Male/Soldier 1)

OOC: MY actions have not changed if someone moves funny I'm going to put a slug threw them... Johann, is back in town so you might need to wait for him.

Snipehunt

First Post
Johann

Johann continues to cover the other group with his pistol, his face calm and passive. He keeps a steady aim, ready to shoot if any of them move to grab something.

"Perhaps American is a little strange to me, but in Germany one cannot simply walk into a library and start pocketing material. I suggest you remove the map from that case and place it on the table, as well as the books you are trying to steal.

"I suggest you place the map and the books on that table," Johann motions towards the table in front of him. "Or shall we call the police? I'm sure they can determine if you have rights to these items."

DallasPA

First Post
OOC: Everyone I am so sorry, but I've been sick the last two days. I will atempt to make my next post tonight sometime.

Thanks
Dallas

DallasPA said:
OOC: Everyone I am so sorry, but I've been sick the last two days. I will atempt to make my next post tonight sometime.

Thanks
Dallas
((OOC: Don't worry about it. We all get sick..I've been kind of out of it the past few days too...ah well, just waiting for my turn in Initiative. Always last! GAH! :)))

DallasPA

First Post
March 2nd, 1933
Miskatonic University Library
Arkham, Massachusetts

As Jasper and Johann attempt to hold THI at bay with drawn pistols, the tension begins to mount. Everyone senses that something is going to happen but no one knows quite what. At this point 2 seconds seem like an eternity, but that’s all it took before THI went into action. Bobby Houston (1st man) picks up a stack of books and hurls them at jasper, while the 1st women performs the same tactic on Johann. Almost instantaneously the 2nd man rushes Jasper, as the 2nd woman rushes Johann. Then a 3rd man, who is quite large and fast rushes the door. Bobby Houston and the man with the map (4th man) are momentarily hanging back and watching the outcome of the first wave.

OOC: I am taking the actions of Johann and Jasper as a readied action, so your new initiative rank is 18, just before THI for the rest of the combat. Their movement has triggered your readied attack action so Johann and jasper have a chance to fire there pistols are do some other attack action of their choice. THI will complete their actions once Jasper and Johann complete their attack action. Sorry, everyone else will have to wait till the next post to join in the fun.

A readied action is a reflex action, so Johann and jasper may only fire at the individual who tossed books at them, or the person charging them, no one else may be fired upon this round!!!!!

Last edited:

DallasPA

First Post
OOC: Thats a cool idea checked out the link, I really like that idea. As long as it is tamper proof. This way people don't think I'm monkeying with results on my end. I will allow this die roller for attack/san/massive damage rolls as long as there is an easy way to track which roll went with which of your actions. If there is any, any fuzzy stuff, like two rolls for the same character close together when there should only be one. Then I will roll that result, lol. Also with the distraction of flying books, and a moving target rushing, you will suffer a -2 to your roll. So overall that gives you a plus two bonus.

Last edited:

DallasPA

First Post
March 2nd, 1933
Miskatonic University Library
Arkham, Massachusetts

As the two THI members hurdle tables and chairs in an attempt to reach both Jasper and Johann, they each fire off a round. Both Jasper and Johann pull their shots in the midst of the flurry. The 2nd man pulls out a set of brass knuckles just as Jasper fires; he swings and catches nothing but air. The second woman performs the same tactic on Johann only she draws a knife, her swing catches Johann with a critical strike in the crest of his shoulder just adjacent to his neck. Johann is bleeding severely but is still on his feet. The third man bum rushes both Nick and Paul forcing the two of you out of the doorway and into the hall.

You can hear screams all over the building as the gun shots ring out, and the hustle and bustle of people evacuating the building.

OOC: Johann suffered 6 pts of damage>> he was lucky

Nick and Paul must make Dex checks to see if they are still standing before they can attack.

The rest of vanguard club can know state their actions, but nick and Paul must make dex checks to avoid falling before they can state their actions.

Johann pistol 2/AC13

Sandra Melee:knife 19/AC12 (Knife attack on Johann)

Last edited:

Remove ads