• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cockroach familiar

Painfully

First Post
I like the resistance to poisons and disease idea myself. But is there such a thing as a cockroach WITH a disease? Maybe throw in the ability to act with partial actions up to -9hp. That's some good incentive to take it, even if it is a cockroach.

----------
On further thought, I would make them immune to disease, but still disease carriers.

Also, in Asia there is a giant flying cockroach. Give it a dire template and it might be cool to use as a flying mount for a gnome.

Last edited:

Bean 2.0

First Post
ok you you cast the creeping doom spell to summon a swarm of vermin that charges straight at the enemy you hide your familiar in the swarm it crawls on an enemies head and you have it cast a touch spell on him how evil is that who notices one roach out of 1,000

DerianCypher

First Post
Actually.. the reason they survive disasters well is because they reproduce so darn fast and there are generally so many of them.

Except for nuclear fall out.. cockroaches have proven to be about 1000x more resistant to radiation than humans are.

But to keep this on topic I'd say that I'd give +2 fort and a +2 or +4 to survival.

DC

Bloodstone Mage

First Post
I'd also go with the +2 to Fort saves. Sounds reasonable, since (from what I've heard) baby cockroaches feed off of the fecal matter of other cockroaches until they are old enough to get their own food. This being true, +2 to Fortitude saves would reflect the vitality of a cockroach.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Remove ads