D&D 5E Codifying Weapons

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Not really. If you just eyeball it you have to compare it to the other weapons on the list.
This you just list the properties you want, then work out the damage dice.

As an aside, what are the stars listed next to a thread?

Also have a Katana:

Katana:
Alien Martial Melee One-Handed Weapon
2d6 Slashing damage, Light, Versatile [2d8]

A 2d6 light, versatile weapon? So with your system can now dual wield the equivalent of greatswords while using Dex for attack/damage? Or drop one and have a weapon that is better than a greatsword, but usable with Dex?

Yeah, not going to be using this system in my games. Even at the cost of a feat, that is way over powered.

Last edited:

Yunru

Banned
Banned
A 2d6 light, versatile weapon? So with your system can now dual wield the equivalent of greatswords while using Dex for attack/damage? Or drop one and have a weapon that is better than a greatsword, but usable with Dex?

Yeah, not going to be using this system in my games. Even at the cost of a feat, that is way over powered.

Slow clap at the complaints against the inclusion of optional material from the DMG :p

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Slow clap at the complaints against the inclusion of optional material from the DMG :p

Last I remember, the Katana was already statted out - as a reskinned Longsword. Not as a katana fanboi's wet dream.

Edit: I did make a mistake in my assessment though - it has the Light property, but not the Finesse property. So it looks like you can use it as an off hand weapon, but can't use Dex to fight with it.

Which is strange - I would have thought the Finesse property would be a requirement for a Light weapon, but I haven't really looked at the weapons properties at this level very much.

Last edited:

Remove ads