• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Slife said:
Bittorrent?

Well, ok, let me clarify. It's difficult to give away free stuff and not incur a cost.

There has to be marketing involved. Sure, I could host the file on my site, but there's a problem - I don't have a site. So, I'd need a site. That's a cost. I could borrow someone else's site, but who's gonna find it? I could spend the rest of my life pointing people to my friend's site, but that's no fun. So, The logical result is to use something like Your Games Now, or RPGnow, YGN has exclusivity rules - not just anyone can post files there, since it's a profit-sharing site. RPGnow has publisher start-up fees. So, I'd have to first become a publisher, publish the work, and pay a fee to that site, all to just give it away. No thanks.

See, it's not easy to give stuff away for free.

I'll give you space on my website if you like? I'm not going to make it a download at rpgnow (unless you send me the $10 free download fee*) but if webspace is all you need, I can give you webspace for a (hopefully) small download or even a series of downloads. I'd have to see the PDF first since I'll have to make sure you've got the legal stuff right but if that pans out I have the space and plenty of bandwidth.

* Ask me nicely and I may just pay that myself.

der_kluge

Adventurer
If it's just the file you want, I don't see why I can't provide that.

It's not 100% complete, but it's damn close. I believe the publisher will probably end up making quite a number of improvements to it. So, when it becomes "publicly" available, be sure to download that version, too.

Attachments

• Collaborative Cave - Green Dragon's Lair.zip
    825.9 KB · Views: 128

Asmo

First Post
How long will it take for 4-5 players to finish this location? In real time? I know that my players at this point just wants to meet up once in a while for some killing and looting and nothing more.

Asmo

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Asmo said:
How long will it take for 4-5 players to finish this location? In real time? I know that my players at this point just wants to meet up once in a while for some killing and looting and nothing more.
It's a slightly smaller than average dungeon. A few hours at most, more if the kobolds kick their non-scaly butts all over the map! :D

der_kluge said:
If it's just the file you want, I don't see why I can't provide that.

It's not 100% complete, but it's damn close. I believe the publisher will probably end up making quite a number of improvements to it. So, when it becomes "publicly" available, be sure to download that version, too.
Oh, you have a publisher? Nevermind then. I thought you were still looking for one.

BTW, the "Requires the use of..." line must be 10pt or larger according to the d20 System Logo license. It looks a bit small to me on your cover.

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
Asmo said:

Asmo

Probably 4-6 hours, if they don't screw around.

I would also recommend removing areas 5/11/12. That cuts out three large rooms and 3 unnecessary combat encounters. That would definitely keep it to closer to 4 hours.

Asmo

First Post
der_kluge said:
Probably 4-6 hours, if they don't screw around.

Oh, they WILL screw around, I´m sure of it :)
These guys..well, you really don´t know what´s going to happen when you have them at your table.

Asmo

Remove ads