D&D General Color Maps for Virtual Tabletops by Me

DrMapzo

Villager
Hello, everyone!

Today's map is an island with a small dock by its side. The island itself is multi-level and features a cave entrance too! On top, there's a magical well that seems to have formed naturally. I wonder if the party will be able to find the secret behind the well's powers by going inside the cave and going directly to its source?

Oh, there's a small boat too, should your players need to escape the island when something inevitably goes wrong. Which path will they take?

As always I hope you guys like the map!

IslandU.jpg

Chuul.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hey everyone!

This time I bring you a more spooky dungeon, filled with many passageways and hiding spots for all kinds of evil critters. The map features a big hole to the north that could be used as an escape route or an entrance even. You could use this map as part of the depths of a big castle or as a part of an ancient fortress. The dungeon also has a strange green fluid that probably deals acid damage to the touch, but who knows? As always it's up to you!

AncientDungeonU.png

Zombie.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Thanks for all the nice comments!

I have a new map for you, voted by my patrons: a small farming village. Like every good village it features a well on the center and a lot of animals and vegetables. I made the layout of the village so there could be plenty of places to take cover and move stealthily, I hope that it is to your liking :).

SmallFarmingVillageU.png

Hussar

Legend
That's excellent. Neat town.

How do you do the beveling like that? To get the raised elevations. That's cool.

Can you talk about your process. (Partially because I'm really curious, and partially because I SO want to steal everything you do. Which I would totally do if I had any talent :( )

DrMapzo

Villager
That's excellent. Neat town.

How do you do the beveling like that? To get the raised elevations. That's cool.

Can you talk about your process. (Partially because I'm really curious, and partially because I SO want to steal everything you do. Which I would totally do if I had any talent :( )

Thank you very much, I'm happy you like it! The process is fairly simple: first I start with a very rough sketch that I then refine into a more detailed line-art. Once that's done I start placing the overall color of the image until I'm happy with all the basic colors. After that it's just a matter of painting and painting until I'm happy with the detail it has. That's pretty much it, haha. I think a video would explain it better though, and you can see how I handle the elevations on my maps as well:

[video=youtube;7QHLCUYitDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHLCUYitDI[/video]

The video is sped up quite a bit (originally it was about 7 hours long) but I hope you find it helpful :).

Laurefindel

Legend
Those are really nice. I dig the cartoony feel, and it has just the right ratio of details vs legibility. Bonus point for using the often neglected element of height.

VTT is not something I use, but I appreciate its artistic and playability value.

Well done!

DrMapzo

Villager
Those are really nice. I dig the cartoony feel, and it has just the right ratio of details vs legibility. Bonus point for using the often neglected element of height.

VTT is not something I use, but I appreciate its artistic and playability value.

Well done!

Thank you very much, glad you like the maps :D.

This week I made a bandit hideout located inside a cave. These bandits are very well equipped and have amassed a very large amount of gold (though it could also be fake gold which has been circulating in the neighboring cities and the players, after a thorough investigation, finally reach this place).

There's also a box with lots of maps and documents, perhaps the bandits tracked down an important item that the players need.

Like with most of my maps I tried to include some elevation for more strategic opportunities as well as lots of corners so everyone could easily use some cover or launch sneak attacks against their enemies.

BanditHideoutU.png

Remove ads