• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Color Spray

Okay, here it is straight up: A PC in the game yesterday got dazed by a Color Spray spell.

When "dazed" you get only a single action, which you can use to either move or attack.

The foe was fleeing, and was more than a single move away. The player wanted his PC to hold his action "until his head cleared" (i.e. until after the wizard who threw the spell had had his next action), then double-move/charge the fleeing foe.

Legal or not?

dbm

Savage!
No, under 'Delay' (PHB pg288) you end harmful effects after you act, even when you delay. Unless another character can remove the Dazed status in some way, the PC is going to suffer one round of being Dazed and there is nothing they can do about it.

Cheers,
Dan

cdrcjsn

First Post
You know, I've been playing for a long time now, and I think that's the first time that has been brought to my attention. I guess I need to review my status effects...

Thank you for the responses. I will let my group know next weekend. I'm the DM running the encounter and it was nearing quit time so we were rushed so I didn't have time to crack a book to check.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads