• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Colossal Red Dragon

frankthedm

First Post
With FLAME PUKING action!
P8301331.jpg

Nightchilde-2 said:
We just got our Red Dragons in at my store and...they are beautiful. Glorious. Nigh worthy of worship on their own.

Greatest...mini...EVAR.

No It is not. It is a good mini, a decent mini, a very big mini, A mini that vaugly looks like it is squating on a toilet. That squating pose is what kills it for me. Not saying it is a bad dragon mini, but it looks too much like "gift resin statue". I am picky about dragons.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=689892
Bluebehir said:
Sulaco said:
The price hike on this item was attributed to an ostensibly superb paint job, and this paint job is, again IMO, sorely lacking. If this is the super-deluxe $75 paint job then the run-of-the-mill $50 one must have been eye-scarring.

Last edited:

As much as I think the Dragon looks cool I don't think that I could justify spending $75 dollars on a mini that might be used 1 or 2 times at most in my game. Sure it would look good on display somewhere but I think of that as a bit of a waste.

How many of you that are buying the Colossal it are getting it just for display purposes and how many are planning on getting some good game use out of it?

Olaf the Stout

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Nightchilde-2 said:
Removable flame breath. It looks better in person. :D
Not to my eyes - in person it looks like a gout of transparent orange plastic.... worthy of a dime store action figure. :(

I will be sticking with other companies cheap plastic dragons - at least they really will be cheap, as opposed to a 75 dollar cheap plastic dragon.

The Auld Grump

Nightchilde-2 said:
Removable flame breath. It looks better in person. :D
I thought the exact oppositie. It looks o.k. in a picture (maybe it's just my brain, imagining that the dragon spewed fire and what we see in the picture is the split-second captured on film). But up close (at GenCon), it looked horrible.

You could have pre-ordered at amazon.com for about $47. I've got to decide whether to keep my order or cancel it. I just checked, and they've gotten rid of the discount--it's now full MSRP of $74.99. I wonder if my order will get shipped?

Mercule

Adventurer
Barendd Nobeard said:
You could have pre-ordered at amazon.com for about $47.

Some of us were early enough to get it at $37. I'm looking quite forward to getting this. The fire is a non-issue for me, because I assumed it would look like crap in the first place. I'm just happy it's detachible. The toilet-squatting action, now, that may be an issue.

Treebore

First Post
I got it for $44 at BAM (Books A Million) on-line and I'm not complaining. I actually like the paint job. Granted it is no where near the caliber of the paint job on something like Magnificent Ego's Ennies nominee, but it is pretty good for a foreign import done on the cheap.

The firebreath could definitely have been done better, though.

Will I ever use it? Don't know. But it looks good with all my other dragons.

Mercule said:
Some of us were early enough to get it at $37. I'm looking quite forward to getting this.

Awesome! Congrats on getting such a great deal.

Mercule said:
The toilet-squatting action, now, that may be an issue.
Yeah, that description has damped my enthusiasm for the mini just a bit. Thanks, frank! :p

Remove ads