• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Colossal Red Dragon

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Sorry, no pics, but a side-by-side comparison shows them to be comparable, but the CRD is bigger by about 10 or 15%.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Is it my imagination or in actually looking here, the claws are the same color as the skin and the scales on the stomache aren't yellow like on the huge one?

Kunimatyu

First Post
Bleh. The McFarlane dragons are similar sizes, have better paintjobs, and go for about ten bucks, not 75.

I don't see this Colossal thing working out. Not at that price. (and even at a lower price, holy crap that's a huge critter to store)

Xyxox

Hero
Kunimatyu said:
Bleh. The McFarlane dragons are similar sizes, have better paintjobs, and go for about ten bucks, not 75.

I don't see this Colossal thing working out. Not at that price. (and even at a lower price, holy crap that's a huge critter to store)

It's really sad because on the large pictures posted to this thread, you can tell the detail is incredible which means the paint job could be equally incredible.

This was the first I had ever heard of the McFarlane dragons so I googled it. Those are nice!

Chairman7w

First Post
I have several of the MacFarlane Dragons, and while they are nice, they are no where NEAR the size of this thing. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. This beast dwarfs them.

The paint job is just fine, (IMHO), I think it looks magnificent. It drew oohs and ahhs from the people I saw looking at it. The wings are incredible.

Is it worth $75? Probably not, but to pay full retail for it is folly, when it's easily found for much, much less.

Mine's on the way ($42.50 from Buy.com) and will look awesome in my office/hobby room.

Arnwyn

First Post
Thanks for the size comparisons, Kae'Yoss. Very helpful and informative! (not to mention funny with the captions)

Remove ads