Comedy and comedians…

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I fell into a rabbit hole on YouTube and watched every episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, which is an incomprehensible title until you realize there's a British (Channel 4? ITV?) chat show called 8 Out of 10 Cats where a group of comedians guess how many Britons surveyed believe X or Y and a British game show called Countdown in which people try to do math problems or simple word problems with a timer.

So this show has the cast of 8 Out of 10 Cats doing the math and the word problems and it's extremely funny.

Either I literally watched all the episodes on YouTube, or they got yanked for copyright reasons, because the algorithm never suggests them any more.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Baby J (John Mulaney) is one of the best standup acts I've seen recently. On Netflix. (Contains references to drug use and rehab).

I watched two seasons of The Great on Hulu, and the third is about to come out. It is SO funny. (Loosely ... and I mean LOOSELY based on Catherine the Great. Knowledge of history makes it funnier, but not required).

Review with Andy Daly may be the funniest, and least watched, show ever. On Paramount+.

History of the World (Part 2) was okay, but the whole Jacka$$ / Rasputin made me laugh much harder than it had any right to.

What We Do in Shadows may be my favorite 30 minute show currently airing.

Some of the shows on HBO (Hacks, Righteous Gemstones) are excellent, if not quite Kenny Powers-level.

If you're looking for "huh, funny" as opposed to HA HA funny, then How to with John Wilson and the Rehearsal (both HBO Max) are funny in that New Yorker cartoon kind of way.

aco175

Legend
Saw this looking for the other quote, marginally ties to D&D.
1682628339985.png
1682628376365.png

Ryujin

Legend
I recently watched the Amazon Prime revival of "Kids in the Hall", the Canadian sketch comedy series, and quite enjoyed it. Hearing the theme song "Having an Average Weekend" by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet instantly took me back 20 years. They're all pretty damned old now, but so am I.

Last edited:

Marc Radle

Legend
Baby J (John Mulaney) is one of the best standup acts I've seen recently. On Netflix. (Contains references to drug use and rehab).

I watched two seasons of The Great on Hulu, and the third is about to come out. It is SO funny. (Loosely ... and I mean LOOSELY based on Catherine the Great. Knowledge of history makes it funnier, but not required).

Review with Andy Daly may be the funniest, and least watched, show ever. On Paramount+.

History of the World (Part 2) was okay, but the whole Jacka$$ / Rasputin made me laugh much harder than it had any right to.

What We Do in Shadows may be my favorite 30 minute show currently airing.

Some of the shows on HBO (Hacks, Righteous Gemstones) are excellent, if not quite Kenny Powers-level.

If you're looking for "huh, funny" as opposed to HA HA funny, then How to with John Wilson and the Rehearsal (both HBO Max) are funny in that New Yorker cartoon kind of way.

John Mulaney is easily one of the best young stand ups around right now

Zardnaar

Legend
I fell into a rabbit hole on YouTube and watched every episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, which is an incomprehensible title until you realize there's a British (Channel 4? ITV?) chat show called 8 Out of 10 Cats where a group of comedians guess how many Britons surveyed believe X or Y and a British game show called Countdown in which people try to do math problems or simple word problems with a timer.

So this show has the cast of 8 Out of 10 Cats doing the math and the word problems and it's extremely funny.

Either I literally watched all the episodes on YouTube, or they got yanked for copyright reasons, because the algorithm never suggests them any more.

There's a heap of them. British panel shows rock.

Taskmaster is the one we're kinda watching now.

Remove ads