• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Commeth the Banhammer...

seans23

First Post
Crothian said:
What is a money tree?

A tree that grows money. Could be gems, gold pieces, whatever.
Plant a few money trees and you're RICH FOR LIFE.

(something a friend of mine tried to do when we were 8 and playing AD&D... games were very much "monty hall")

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
seans23 said:
A tree that grows money. Could be gems, gold pieces, whatever.
Plant a few money trees and you're RICH FOR LIFE.

(something a friend of mine tried to do when we were 8 and playing AD&D... games were very much "monty hall")
This would be an interesting magic item. More expensive to make than what you'd get out of it, but carrying a few "magical seeds" is a lot safer way to transport funds than big sacks full of coinage.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
I'd ban any rule that says "your PC can't be Evil"

Non-Good enough for Belkar is Non-Good enough for me.

Everyone seems to play Lawful Stupid or Chaotic Retarded in those games. My Lawful Evil fits well into any party...as long as it suits me. ;)

Drowbane

First Post
Kmart Kommando said:
I'd ban any rule that says "your PC can't be Evil"

Non-Good enough for Belkar is Non-Good enough for me.

Everyone seems to play Lawful Stupid or Chaotic Retarded in those games. My Lawful Evil fits well into any party...as long as it suits me. ;)
QFT

I don't use a banhammer. I use permission glue. The game consists of the core rules which contain little or nothing worth mentioning as needing a ban-HAMMER. I permit additions to the core rules at the request of players if I deem those additions worthwhile. As DM, of course, I don't need anyone's permission to add, alter, or delete rules anytime, anywhere.

dpetroc

First Post
I ban metagaming and munchkinism... rules lawyering is an offense punishable by severe mocking and minimization of the PC within the plot.

Seriously I ban anything that cannot be explained within the context of my campaign. So generally we don't see paladins or monks, no half-orcs, gnomes haven't been seen yet either, but they aren't prohibited. I don't allow anything from books I don't own, and unless there is a REAL good in game reason, I don't often allow multiclassing or PrC's. (PC: "I want to take a level in rogue!" DM "Okay, who are you going to train with for a year" PC: "Uh...how long?")

Haven't found anything in BoED to bother using or banning so no worries there. BoVD is used exclusively for NPCs. I happen to like Thralls and Disciples...

I'm seriously considering banning the Scout class as well, or at least limiting it.

Ozmar

First Post
WD40 said:
So far, there isn't a lot on my home campaign ban list...

- Unconvertible elements from 3.0 books... (bits from Savage species & Arms and Equipment guide)
- Choice elements from BoED, (Nymphs kiss, for example)
- Greater Mighty Wallop

What does your banhammer squish?

Shapechange. It completely nerfs the druid and any shape-changing prestige class. With one spell, you're more awesome than anyone who's spent 20 levels perfecting this idiom.

Boo to completely awesome twinky spells!

-Ozmar the Strict

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
Verbotten!

If you say "I use magic missile" in a certain whiney voice I will look at you funny.

Any reference to sorcerers of light shooting the darkness I will give you a stern warning.

Any reference to + 9 ogre slaying knives and you are out of my house.

Any shouting from the kitchen where is the mountain dew and cheetos or that if there are any girls at the bar you want to "do" them and you are out of my house through the window.

It was funny the fist 100 times I heard it. It has not been for the last 10000.

I'm curious why so many ban incarnum. Is it just for the flavor? I detest the stupid looking visuals (yay, I'm surounded by big neon cartoon armor), so just ditched them entirely.

Remove ads