D&D General Companion Thread to D&D Survivor: Dragons, Chromatic

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In reading the yellow dragon versions in 1E, 2E, and 3.0E/3.5E, they look to be mechanics updates of the original 1E version; the 4E Draconomicon doesn't have a Yellow Dragon. Is there something I missed?
theres the yellow (salt) dragon from DRAGON #65 who live by the sea and breath a cone of sodium chloride crystals
then 2e had a desert dwelling yellow dragon that breathed a blast of super-heated air and sand which appeared in the 1990 Dracomonicon

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
theres the yellow (salt) dragon from DRAGON #65 who live by the sea and breath a cone of sodium chloride crystals
then 2e had a desert dwelling yellow dragon that breathed a blast of super-heated air and sand which appeared in the 1990 Dracomonicon
I don't own the MCs, so the write-up I saw online must have had someone's homebrew update of the salt dragon. Apologies! Too late for the poll, but I'll update my blog list!

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Though not official Dungeon Dad updated several of the chromatic dragons to 5e
Also, Matt Colville has made changes to the gemstone dragons in one of his books, but I haven't included them because: 1) they're supposed to be updates of the existing gemstone dragons, even if he's made minor changes to them; 2) it would be really confusing to have two separate gemstone dragon groups.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm kind of hoping the Deep Purple Dragons will have smoke breath weapons that can only be used when they fly over water - and that a booming yet simple bass line accompanies the attack...
The Blue Oyster Dragon would have a necrotic breath weapon, but it's nothing to be afraid of. His Cultists would all have cowbells for holy symbols.

Remove ads