D&D General Companion Thread to D&D Survivor: Dragons, Chromatic

Aldarc

Legend
That was actually something that was done for the 4e Blue Dragon. They were changed to primarily inhabit stormy coastlines instead of the deserts (with Brown Dragons becoming them primary desert dwelling Chromatic Dragon), and making them rivals of Bronze Dragons. They were changed back to their original habitat in 5e.
I didn't remember that. 4e did try to have a lot of things make more sense
It's a shame that WotC backtracked on a lot of the amazing lore changes that they made in 4e.

That was actually something that was done for the 4e Blue Dragon. They were changed to primarily inhabit stormy coastlines instead of the deserts (with Brown Dragons becoming them primary desert dwelling Chromatic Dragon), and making them rivals of Bronze Dragons. They were changed back to their original habitat in 5e.
This is actually awesome lore for the blue dragon and would actually make me like them far more (they're currently my least favourite of the dragons). I've actually got the 4e MM but I was predominantly a player during the 4e period in a campaign with disastrous DM siblings.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
This is actually awesome lore for the blue dragon and would actually make me like them far more (they're currently my least favourite of the dragons). I've actually got the 4e MM but I was predominantly a player during the 4e period in a campaign with disastrous DM siblings.
For those interested, the 4e Draconomicon goes into more detail to explain it is not just coastal regions, but more precisely stormy areas that they prefer to lair:
1696585834620.png

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I just realized of the remaining dragons, the order of my likes is Blue, Green, and Black (least favorite). I had been (even today) voting down the highest and voting up the lowest. but if I get another vote (unlikely) I'll be voting to support the above...

Remove ads