Company of the Bitter Blade - beginnings

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss is ready to go. He offers Tok the opportunity to take posession of the satchell charge, due to his acknowledged superior skill. If Tok declines, he stowes the device carefully in his backpack, attempting to make sure that it is well insulated. His concern is to make sure that it cannot be set off if he is attacked with fire.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tok laughes at Anvuss' eagerness goo-naturedly

"By all means Anvuss, carry the satchel for now, and we will work with it together later, when the time has come..."

Tok turns to the Captain

"As for leaving, would it be out of the question to ask for a small advance so that we can pick up any essentials we may need to aid in our quest? Or is immediate action required here? I hear the Mounland is a dangerous place, and I could create some scrolls and potions to help us survive the approach through the Mournland, and the tower itself."

Not that I have the money for any scroll or potion-making...that's where the advance would come in. It sure would be handy to make some money...maybe leaving now has some merit...

Patlin

Explorer
I'm assuming we're in a hurry, but if the Captain indicates otherwise Anvuss would be willing to loan Tok some cash. I've got 226 gp and 8 sp I haven't spent yet. It's pretty much earmarked for scrolls once he gains an artificer level anyway.

Even if we are in a hurry, if we do overlapping watches you could spend some of your time on watch scribing scrolls... and since Anvuss never sleeps, our watches are bound to overlap.

GPEKO

First Post
"Maybe we can spend a day here in preparation for the expedition but we shouldn't tarry much. The creatures that habit this tower have been attacking people in the city! They will feel our righteous wrath!" To accentuate his point, Magnus slams his fist on the table.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Finished packing I head back down to meet the others. "If you are not ready to leave yet and want to wait a day I am fine with that, but I am getting a little uneasy being around so many people and would love to be out of here as soon as we can."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Depending on what our patron here says and how much good faith he shows us, I think I can burn a little of the midnight oil and have some supplemental magic ready, and be well rested, for us to be able to leave sometime late tomorrow. The stories of the Mournland indicate that it is dangerous and I have heard many rumors: of spells that go horribly wrong, of healing that does not work, of common animals twisted beyond recognition, what of this is true, I know not...perhaps the Captain can give some details, apart from that, I have some ideas of some spells that may be handy to have along."

OOC: I create a multi-spell scroll of value up to 1000 gp in a single 8 hour period, right? Or is it limited to one spell per 8 hours?

Patlin

Explorer
ShaggySpellsword said:
OOC: I create a multi-spell scroll of value up to 1000 gp in a single 8 hour period, right? Or is it limited to one spell per 8 hours?

OOC: I don't see any clear authority as to whether a scroll of 3 spells is 1 item or 3. If it's one item, then you are right... but wouldn't that also mean you would be betting the whole thing on one UMD roll? (Two with the last ditch effort, I suppose.)

Last edited:

Sidekick

First Post
"If you embark up on the journey late tomorrow then I will be able to provide you with a boat for crossing the river."

"As for the nature of the Mournland, I have been in their only a couple of times. The mist is eerie, however where the tower is the fog is lessened. Healing does not work, however I have heard that such druidic items as goodberries still function. Of course Anvuss, you will be fine, as for the rest of you, pick your fights carefully and sensibly."

"I'm afraid I must leave you here. Please leave word with me here when you have completed the mission."

OOC: - Let me know what you want to acquire within the next day & I'll let you know. Tok - My PHB is at home, but I'll get back to you about the scrolls.

P.S. sorry about the absence, we're moving house this weekend & it's gettin a bit crazy]

Patlin

Explorer
Sidekick said:
"If you embark up on the journey late tomorrow then I will be able to provide you with a boat for crossing the river."

"As for the nature of the Mournland, I have been in their only a couple of times. The mist is eerie, however where the tower is the fog is lessened. Healing does not work, however I have heard that such druidic items as goodberries still function. Of course Anvuss, you will be fine, as for the rest of you, pick your fights carefully and sensibly."

"Late tomorrow... about 16 hours from now then? That would seem to allow for time to sleep as well as time to scribe scrolls. It rather settles that debate, unless you all wish to swim. I for one don't mind swimming, but I am afraid that we might get seperated. Washing ashore one by one in the mournland would be... unfortunate.

"If goodberries function, will healing potions?"

Last edited:

Remove ads