• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

yesnomu

First Post
I feel the same, it feels like a wild barbarian defender type. Maybe empowered by spirits to adi him in battle???
A couple of pages ago, there was a link to pictures of a party of minis made up only of PHBII classes, and at least two were shapeshifted (one was a salamander and the other was a wolf, IIRC). I bet the Warden is a shapeshifting defender, and Salamander is one of the forms they get. It makes sense, since Wild Shape was so versatile, that the druid and its forms got split up into defender ones and controller ones.

Hawke

Explorer
That would answer my question about what a Primal Defender would be!

I had anticipated that class to be divine. Which comes out first the Arcane splatbook or the Divine one? I'm wondering what else we'll be getting in terms of Divine classes prior to that book since Arcane looks to be fairly filled out by the end of PHB2. Any chances for a new divine class in the Eberron setting (I'm unfamiliar) that might be included in addition to the Artificer?

Flobby

Explorer
So I guess the only ones we don't know are T and I. I'm sure they are divine, my guess would be divine controller and divine striker... But I can't imagine what a divine striker would be...

andarilhor

First Post
So I guess the only ones we don't know are T and I. I'm sure they are divine, my guess would be divine controller and divine striker... But I can't imagine what a divine striker would be...

My bets are Theurge (divine/controller) and Inquisitor (divine/striker).
I believe the first will be centered in buff/debuff in areas and the second will be a high damage against specific creatures (undeads, demons) or will be something like a striker/leader.

Other thing, as the PHBII release aproaches seems the dragons is leaking previews each month, barbarian in 368 and bard in 369, so what preview do you want to see in the 370? I am betting in the druid or the sorcerer (or both), so you can see a little of the new controllers... :)

WalterKovacs

First Post
My bets are Theurge (divine/controller) and Inquisitor (divine/striker).
I believe the first will be centered in buff/debuff in areas and the second will be a high damage against specific creatures (undeads, demons) or will be something like a striker/leader.

Other thing, as the PHBII release aproaches seems the dragons is leaking previews each month, barbarian in 368 and bard in 369, so what preview do you want to see in the 370? I am betting in the druid or the sorcerer (or both), so you can see a little of the new controllers... :)

That seems to make sense that the book will be split:

2 arcane/2 divine/4 primal ... it fits with the 2/2/4 build of the first PHB, plus it allows for Complete Arcana, Complete Divine and Complete Primal to all have similar set-ups to Complete Martial. The interesting thing is that arcane gets more love since they have a class in both the FR player's guide, and will have one in the Eberon guide as well. I wonder if the non-PHB classes will be supported in the Power books (we have seen drow/genasi getting support in Martial Power so far).

Remove ads