Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

Larrin

Entropic Good
.... the [inquisitor] will be a high damage against specific creatures (undeads, demons) or will be something like a striker/leader.

I'm betting they won't go overly specific for what types of creature a striker is good against. If you want a character to deal extra damage to undead, give him radiant damage, but don't force him to go looking for undead and deamons to fight in order to fill his role. He may have one or two powers (a la turn undead) the specifically targets a type, but that (hopefully) will never be a main schtick.

I also hope for the inquisitor...and i hope they don't go stereo typical "Witch hunting/spanish inquisitor Lawful Evil in the name of Good" in the description. I think they should be field agents of the church...eyes and ears of the church and when needed, the fiery holy scalpel, (a nice counterpoint in millitary might to the paladin) but they should uphold ALL of their deities ideals. Paladins of Bahamut should be upright and just in their questionings, they want the truth. Once they have the truth, the gloves are off of course. An inquisitor of an evil god has free liscence to be as corrupt as he wants. I think a good term for their striker bonus damage would be 'censure'....

I don't know how everyone missed it...or if I am missing the link somewhere:eek:...but there is a new power for artificer in the character builder. It is an @will so I am assumeing it will lead to info o other builds...it is called Magic weapon...an extra bonus to hit basic attack fuiled by INT with ranged or melee weapons...

WalterKovacs

First Post
I don't know how everyone missed it...or if I am missing the link somewhere:eek:...but there is a new power for artificer in the character builder. It is an @will so I am assumeing it will lead to info o other builds...it is called Magic weapon...an extra bonus to hit basic attack fuiled by INT with ranged or melee weapons...

Seems like they are addressing the "human" problem from what they put up ... which means they will probably do the same thing once they add the bard. The barbarian, since it seems to follow the Rogue/Ranger/Warlord ibuild type [2 neutral at-wills, 1 specific at-will for each build] were able to include 3 at-wills in case of human PCs, as opposed to the paladin/cleric concept where you have 2 at-wills per build and thus showing 1 build means showing only 2 at-wills.

Vass

First Post
For the record, there were european monks who were fighting men as well as asian ones.

Fitz

Yeah, the most notorious of which were called the Knights Templar. :p
In D&D they have been traditionally been tied to the Cleric and Paladin classes since the olde days. :)

Vael

Legend
Well, according to this, the remaining two classes for the PH2 are the Invoker and the Avenger, likely a Divine Controller and Striker, respectively. The Avenger was probably originally called the Templar, giving us our "T" class, but was since renamed.

andarilhor

First Post
Well, according to this, the remaining two classes for the PH2 are the Invoker and the Avenger, likely a Divine Controller and Striker, respectively. The Avenger was probably originally called the Templar, giving us our "T" class, but was since renamed.

That is a surprise! :confused:

Possibly the Templar will appear in the Dark Sun Players Guide :p

And I bet Inquisitor and Theurge will not be waisted either... or they will become classes (official or not) or paragon paths...

Remove ads