• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Adventurer - 10 Reasons for Players on Wizards site

Gez

First Post
I wonder if their "spells for everyone" will really be for everyone.

Will they put a sidebar about spell levels for classes found outside of core books, like artificer, hexblade, shugenja, spirit shaman, warmage, and wu jen? Ditto for NPC classes, adept and the non-core magewright?

It's not impossible, per se. Masters of the Wild featured a sidebar expanding the Adept's spell list with spells from the whole splatbook series. If put in an abbreviated form (without reprinting each of the spells' short description), it shouldn't take more than a quarter of a page, so it wouldn't be too intrusive for people not using all of them.

But then again, I've always been in favor of descriptive spell lists rather than extensive spell lists. (I.E., saying that class X gets spells depending on their nature (arcane, divine, etc.), school, and descriptor). It would makes spell list management much simpler. It would also force all spells to have a given level, rather than having spells that are level 6 for bards, 7 for clerics, 8 for wizards and sorcerer, this kind of annoying things.

Belen

Adventurer
More crunch, blah, blah, blah......oooh! +1 to lion fighting. I always wanted to be a lion fighter and this +1 finally makes that viable!!! blah blah

Yet another book that will sit on the shelf and rot.....

NeutralGood

First Post
More multi-class feats, cool, so maybe now I can finally have a familiar mount for my Paladin/Wizard.

I also have a feeling with a PrC with the name Street Fighter I'm going to be quoting capcom a lot.

"SONIC BOOM!"

Last edited:

BelenUmeria said:
More crunch, blah, blah, blah......oooh! +1 to lion fighting. I always wanted to be a lion fighter and this +1 finally makes that viable!!! blah blah

Yet another book that will sit on the shelf and rot.....

Or...you could just not buy it. :)

ivocaliban

First Post
This is really the only book in the Complete series that I've been looking forward to as it has the most material related to the game I'm currently running. I have mixed feelings about the countdown list as it promises far more than a book this size can deliver, but I remain optimistic overall. In the end, my opinion regarding this book will depend mostly on how certain prestige classes were retooled, the strength of the Scout class (the only one I could actually use), and the final 1/3 of the book. It was the last 1/3 of the Complete Warrior that made it something more than just a collection of prestige classes and feats.

In essence, if Complete Adventurer holds its own against Complete Divine and Complete Arcane, I'll be satisfied. If it's on par with Complete Warrior I'll be ecstatic.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
Forgive me if I missed it somewhere in the thread already...but is there a release date yet for this book more specific than "January 2005?"

Sounds like a fun book...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads