• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Warrior: Which classes are you allowing?

What Classes from CW are in your game

• Bear Warrior

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Bladesinger

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Cavalier

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Dark Hunter

Votes: 38 55.9%
  • Darkwood Stalker

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Dervish

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Drunken Master

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Exotic Weapon Master

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Eye of Gruumsh

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Frenzied Beserker

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Gnome Giant Slayer

• Halfling Outrider

Votes: 42 61.8%
  • Hulking Hurler

• Hunter of the Dead

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • Invisible Blade

• Justicar

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Kensai

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Knight of the Chalice

• Knight Protector

Votes: 42 61.8%
  • Master Thrower

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Master of the Unseen Hand

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Mindspy

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Nature's Warrior

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Occult Slayer

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Order of the Bow Initiate

• Purple Dragon Knight

• Rage Mage

• Ravager

• Reaping Mauler

• Ronin

• Spellsword

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • Stonelord

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Tattooed Monk

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Thayan Knight

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Warchanter

• War Shaper

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Hexblade

• Samurai

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Swashbuckler

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • None

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Poll closed .

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I allow them all.

I don't typically play evil games, so that takes a few out of the running as far as what the players pick from.

Also, I don't use the Thayan Knight as the flavor indicates simply because I don't campaign in the world in which a thayan presence would have that name. However, I certainly don't disallow the class - I just change up the flavor text!

I am assuming that you are going to ask a similar poll to the other books? Because I'll be voting for all of them from there as well. Just getting my clicking finger ready. Might I suggest that you add an "All of them" option. I know that it'll mess up a bit on the individual class numbers, but I would be curious to see how many people allow all.

Perhaps your directions could be: If you allow all, please select all the classes in addition to the "All of them" option?

Sejs

First Post
All of them, with the exception of: Samurai (poorly assembled; should it come up I'd use the OA samurai), Ronin (this is a PrC? *boggle*), and Warshaper (teh brokan). There is a footnote however, that a few of the PrCs have been given the Rubber Stamp: Not For PC Consumption. This includes the Hulking Hurler and Frenzied Berzerker. These classes require a degree of restraint that I've got no problem placing on myself, but I wouldn't want to have to impose upon my PCs.

Functionally, many of the classes will never see the light of day for whatever reason (too narrow of focus, kinda lame, etc) but theoretically they are available.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I "allow" all of them in the sense that they all have a place in my campaign (I run Greyhawk). Some are far better known than others and some have various stigmas attached to them however that makes them virtually unplayable as PC options. Some, like the Purple Dragon Knight, require adjusment in flavor since they are FR classes.

Our GM doesn't diallow Frenzied Berserker, but the party does.

Theres one guy who always wants to make a Frenzied Berserker, and we all say "No"

"But thats what I want to play. You can't tell me what I can and can't make."

"Sure. You can MAKE a Frenzied Berserker. But why in gods name would we want to hang around with a guy who when he snaps is liable to kill us all? Why would we want to adventure with someone who has an equal opportunity of killing the party as he does for killing our foes? Just because you make a character doesn't mean theres any earthly reason for the group to want to hang with that character."

Pinotage

Explorer
For me it would've been easier to ask which I don't allow. I think only the Samurai doesn't really fit, but the rest should be fine.

Pinotage

Psion

Adventurer
Samurai and PrCs related to it are right out. They are conceptually hosed.
Campaign setting specific PrCs are out in my game... no reason to include them.
No Frenzied Berserkers, Drunken Masters, or Rage Mages, mostly for reasons of not liking the concept or the dynamic they introduce into the party.

Ilium

First Post
Took a lot of clicks but I voted: Everything except the Frenzied Berserker and Hulking Hurler. I think we all know what's wrong with the FB as a PC class. And Hulking Hurler has requirements that none of the playable races in my campaign meet.

Liolel

First Post
I've never really gone through them and specifically thought about each one, but the frenized bezerker is right out for pcs. No sane individual would travel withsome who has a fair chance of ending up attacking it, and deathless frenzy is just a ridicolous ability. The samurai also is poorly designed and fits in poorly with that type of settings I would be most likely to run a campaign in.

Remove ads