D&D 4E Comprehensive list of 4E stuff?

S

Sunseeker

I understand you can't reprint material from 4E 'cause ya know, no OGL, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't include simply lists of "Name of thing" "book and page" does it? Because that's really what I'm looking for. I have most of the 4E material and I can use DDI if I want, but I'm really just looking for a searchable document, similar to the Crystal Keep PDF listings of classes and what book/page to find them in.

Does that exist anywhere for 4E?

S

Sunseeker

There is an offline version of the Compendium that has absolutely everything, including sources.

Lets make sure we're on the same book/page here.

An offline version of the subscription-only Compendium that is preferably free and legal to distribute?

An offline version of the subscription-only Compendium that is preferably free and legal to distribute?

The offline version of the CB keeps a pretty thorough chunk of things, anything player-facing is in there. While WotC doesn't distribute or support that program anymore you can still use it legally. You can also get files that other people have added, though I can't possibly say what the legal status of such files is. AFAIK there isn't a legal way to acquire access to CB though, you'd have had to downloaded it back in the days when it was offered.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer

Free? Yes.

Legal to distribute? Yes, where I live; no in many other places. You will notice that I did not include any sort of link with my post.

Edit: Just for the sake of clarity, [MENTION=82106]AbdulAlhazred[/MENTION] is writing about the Character Builder; my post referred to the Compendium.

Free? Yes.

Legal to distribute? Yes, where I live; no in many other places. You will notice that I did not include any sort of link with my post.

Edit: Just for the sake of clarity, [MENTION=82106]AbdulAlhazred[/MENTION] is writing about the Character Builder; my post referred to the Compendium.

Yeah, well, Old CB is something some people DO legal have access to anywhere. That was the only reason I mentioned it.

Remove ads