D&D 2E Conan 2e Preview and Character Sheet

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
I like the new border art, to be honest.

And I also like the fact there seems to be a gaming company that's more concerned with the style and theme of a setting, rather than the political correctness rampant in gaming today.

Here's to seeing a couple paragraphs without alternating "he" and "she" pronouns.

W.P.

Draumr

First Post
Count me towards liking the new border art better than the 1st Ed. (Now if only the rest of the art in the book would live up to the same technical quality...)

Treebore

First Post
Wow! One chick with one boob showing becomes distracting on every page? When the illustration is only on one page? Talk about getting things blown all out of proportion.

However, in the good old up tight US of A, that is going to cause Mongoose problems. SO they better have a US version that has a "Mature Content" warning or gets rid of such illustrations.

If they have gotten away with such stuff in the USA so far, count yourself lucky, and pray that it keeps up.
One complaint and they will likely check out the whole Conan line and then a serious headache for Mongoose will ensue.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Treebore said:
Wow! One chick with one boob showing becomes distracting on every page? When the illustration is only on one page? Talk about getting things blown all out of proportion.

Actually, it'll be on every other page.

Treebore

First Post
OK, I see what your saying now. Still, no big deal to me. However I know I am much less up tight about such things then a lot of people I know.

Yeah, Mongoose better make sure that illustration won't upset the american legals, meaning lawyers and judges.

Of course the controversy about the nudity would probably have it sell out in a week.

Strom

First Post
Treebore said:
OK, I see what your saying now. Still, no big deal to me. However I know I am much less up tight about such things then a lot of people I know.

Yeah, Mongoose better make sure that illustration won't upset the american legals, meaning lawyers and judges.

Of course the controversy about the nudity would probably have it sell out in a week.

Dude - they have been selling Conan the RPG for 4 years in the USA with a topless woman on every other page. This ain't new. Take it easy :D

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Wisdom Penalty said:
I like the new border art, to be honest.

And I also like the fact there seems to be a gaming company that's more concerned with the style and theme of a setting, rather than the political correctness rampant in gaming today.

Here's to seeing a couple paragraphs without alternating "he" and "she" pronouns.

And you call yourself Wisdom penalty?

Well said. I think the book looks awesome. This definitely goes on the Gen Con "Must Buy" list:)

Seriously. It's a Conan book...if there aren't naked women around everywhere something has gone wrong

Remove ads