Confused Customer

Only U_K can answer this :) because it hasn't been clarified what it takes yet to create a universe. (other than possibly a 120th+ level spell) It is hinted at that there is some benefit or option (or possibly as a means of limited destruction) for a Timelord to lose its dominion over a universe. It might be described as the Timelord shedding it's control over the cosmic-energy level dimensions.

When said Timelord is reduced to a Demiurge level, it usually lies dormant initially for whatever reason. (Gathering power? letting it's universe grow? Bored?) It is only when they awaken that they begin reclaiming their dimensional sovereignty.

I guess another being of sufficient power from outside the universe could enter within somehow and try to ursurp control. Oddly, they are extremely effective at doing so, as the only real method of Complete Invulnerability does not defend against weapons/spells/matter originating from outside the universe that entity resides in. Heck, this would even be the best time to strike if you didn't want to fight a full-power timelord. I would guess there would be divine doctrines and cosmic laws dictated in the Akashic Library about actions like this.

And since there are numerous greater entities than Timelords (Akasha, The Supreme Being, The Omega, most Great Wyrm nehaschimic dragons, and any other crazy Entity U_K can think of:)) I am sure one of them could pull it off. (Actually, any Timelord with the Apocrypha divine ability can pull it off, since they 'cannot be scried or detected' all they need to do is go invisible, since they are the universe themself)

Hey there William! :)

sirwmholder said:
I have a question on a similar note... when a new universe comes into being is it an arms race within that universe to become the first Demiurge and eventually the Time Lord of that universe? or do Demiurges and Time Lords of other universes try to lay claim before to that tilte before that universe could spawn it's own? On that note could the "greater entity" create a new universe hidden from all others?

Just a few random thoughts,
William Holder

In most, but not all cases, universes (and by that I mean the sort of universes present in D&D) are created by a Time Lord who voluntarily sunders part of their own inherent power to give birth to what we would call 'big bang'...mere cosmic indigestion* to them of course. ;)

*or cosmic intercourse depending on how you want to perceive their immaculate conception.

This universe grows within them like a fetus in the womb.

This is much the same way that the Supreme Being initially populated the metaverse with splinters of its own power (the time lords and high lords). Although the Supreme Being created seven surrogate 'wombs' (super-universes) to let the time lords roam.

Depending on the individual Time Lord, some will create the universe to 'lord over', to experiment with, or simply to let it grow and flourish of its own accord. Time Lords have no alignment and their actions are alien and unfathomable but within infinity all things are possible.

Once a time lord uses its power to give birth to the universe, it becomes a demiurge.

sirwmholder said:
PS ~ Amazing work Upper Krust!

Thank you very much for the kind words. :eek:

sirwmholder

First Post
Does that mean a Time Lord can have control over multiple universes at the same time? or by giving birth to a universe it ensures that a Time Lord now a Demiurge presides over only one universe at a time? And does giving birth to a universe give it some greater claim to that universe so it can not be usurped while in it's weakened condition?

Thanks for your time,
William Holder

Pssthpok

First Post
A Time Lord in control of multiple universes is referred to as a High Lord; the most powerful High Lord presides as the Supreme Being, holding such station until it is usurped or retires.

Hello again! :)

Apologies for my sloth. Been a hectic week.

sirwmholder said:
Does that mean a Time Lord can have control over multiple universes at the same time?

As Pssthpok mentioned (thanks dude) A Time Lord controlling multiple universes is a High Lord.

sirwmholder said:
or by giving birth to a universe it ensures that a Time Lord now a Demiurge presides over only one universe at a time?

Its an interesting question. What happens if a High Lord gives birth to a universe. My first thought would be that the High Lord will drop one universe in terms of power/status.

e.g. A triad would become a duad for instance.

sirwmholder said:
And does giving birth to a universe give it some greater claim to that universe so it can not be usurped while in it's weakened condition?

Well its status will depend on how many sidereals it creates. Any usurper will of course have to take on Demiurge + Sidereals.

sirwmholder said:
Thanks for your time,

Even if I am not available at the time I am sure someone else will be nice enough to stop by and respond. :)

Xavier_Dorland

First Post
As a confused customer, I guess this thread would be as good as any to post...anyways. I bought both Ascension and the Bestiary a while back, and then my computer crashed and all my stuff was gone, and when I got back to here to get my pdfs that I purchased through this site, I couldn't find it. I noticed a lot has been changed and I couldn't find anything in the FAQ for it, so...what do I do?

Xavier

Hey Xavier! :)

Xavier_Dorland said:
As a confused customer, I guess this thread would be as good as any to post...anyways. I bought both Ascension and the Bestiary a while back, and then my computer crashed and all my stuff was gone, and when I got back to here to get my pdfs that I purchased through this site, I couldn't find it. I noticed a lot has been changed and I couldn't find anything in the FAQ for it, so...what do I do?

Email me...

agooddesigner@hotmail.com

...let me know the email address you used to purchase the pdfs, I'll check that and send you replacement copies free of charge.

Remove ads