Conjecture and Prognostication concerning "The Rouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Smith & Tinker (Bellevue, WA)
Electronic entertainment company merging online and offline game play. Recently licensed PC games like MechWarrior (originally developed by S&T’s founder) from Microsoft.

Catalyst Games Lab/InMediaRes Productions (Classic Battletech and Shadowrun)

This is my bet. I believe Smith & Tinker own Catalyst. They supposedly have great things in the work. This would be great fit for his skill set.

Maldin

First Post
He's probably hooking up with Elvis and Buddy Holly, who, as everyone knows, run a bait ship together in a small town about 2 hours south of Seattle.

Denis, aka "Maldin"
Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Perhaps he found someone who liked his pitch for TBI, Tetherball Insider?

Wayside

Explorer
Yeah, that'd be my guess although I'm not familiar with the computer game industry at all and don't know who is in Seattle.
In addition to the ones already listed, ArenaNet. Guild Wars is basically 4e meets Magic, too, and Jeff Grubb happens to be a lead designer there.

Gizmoduck5000

Banned
Banned
So first Sara Girard leaves, then Scott Rouse...both brand managers for WotC's D&D line.

I wonder if this means something big is coming down the pipeline...it seems unlikely at this point, but could WotC be selling off the Dungeons & Dragons license?

I mean, the new edition seems to be a success...but D&D isn't the companies biggest bread winner, and the game would look pretty attractive to potential buyers at this point in time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder if this means something big is coming down the pipeline...it seems unlikely at this point, but could WotC be selling off the Dungeons & Dragons license?

There is no indication that WotC let Scott go. It is just as likely that Scott left of his own choice. Standing between complaining gamers and corporate bigwigs probably wears a guy out, you know.

Plus, when you're planning something big, you tend to want to keep it quiet until the thing is fully-baked. Companies usually try to minimize how much they "telegraph" that something is up. Letting brand managers go invites scrutiny, so is generally counter to the desire of things going without notice until they are ready.

ggroy

First Post
So first Sara Girard leaves, then Scott Rouse...both brand managers for WotC's D&D line.

I mean, the new edition seems to be a success...but D&D isn't the companies biggest bread winner, and the game would look pretty attractive to potential buyers at this point in time.

Girard and Rouse could have left for reasons completely unrelated to D&D, such as: burnout, something family related, better job opportunities somewhere else, health problems, etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads