Conjecture and Prognostication concerning "The Rouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
...but could WotC be selling off the Dungeons & Dragons license?...

I'd seriously doubt it.

People leave all the time, and Senior Brand Manager seems to be a job with a relativley fast turnover rate and burnout factor. As Charles Ryan pointed out, Scott seems to be the longest tenured D&D Senior Brand Manager ever at WotC. He's pretty much done it all there - a lions share of the 3E era, and midwifing a completely new edition. That right there is a career definer in itself. I'm sure he was just ready to move on and try something new.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
IN all likelihood, moving to any other CCG or Tabletop company would be a downward move.

As much as I like Paizo I doubt they can match the benefits package of Hasbro, though Green Ronin has alot of buzz amongst video game designers.

I imagine if he is not moving into video games he is taking his marketing skills into another field.

Good luck whatever the case may be.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Don't they bring in a new BM with the gear up for a new edition? Is the clock ticking? How far out do the Amazon covers go?

ggroy

First Post
How far out do the Amazon covers go?

On amazon, the stuff officially listed (for preorder) so far only goes to June 2010 (Monster Manual 3).

From the gencon 2009 presentations and other wotc articles, the furthest out titles semi-confirmed is the Dungeon Master's Guide 3 for September 2010.

So far nothing else semi-confirmed after Sept 2010.

Don't they bring in a new BM with the gear up for a new edition? Is the clock ticking?

Going back further into history in 2002, there were no D&D books released for Nov and Dec 2002. (Sept 2002 had Monster Manual 2, Oct 2002 had the Book of Vile Darkness, and Nov 2002 had the d20 Modern core book). The earliest announcement for 3.5E, was sometime in mid-December 2002.

http://thegamemechanics.yuku.com/topic/747/t/Core-Rulebook-Updates.html

Last edited:

ggroy

First Post
Don't they bring in a new BM with the gear up for a new edition? Is the clock ticking?

With rules changes being incorporated into the yearly 4E core books PHB/DMG/MM, I suspect a 4.5E may be less likely this time around. (Though this doesn't take a 4.5E completely off the table).

On the other hand, there is precedence of other tabletop rpg games creating new editions relatively "quickly", such as:

Vampire: The Masquerade
- 2nd ed (1992) was release a year after 1st ed (1991).

Shadowrun (FASA)
- 2nd ed (1992) was released three years after 1st ed (1989).

d20 Conan (Mongoose)
- 2nd ed (2007) was released three years after 1st ed (2004).

Cyberpunk (R. Talsorian)
- "Cyberpunk 2020" (1990) was released two years after "Cyberpunk 2013" (1988).

Warcraft rpg (Sword & Sorcery)
- 2nd ed (2005) was released two years after 1st ed (2003).

Everquest rpg (Sword & Sorcery)
- 2nd ed (2005) was released three years after 1st ed (2002).

Perhaps one could see a 5E D&D being released relatively "quickly" if the 4E ruleset was completely broken and unusable. But so far the 4E ruleset seems to be relatively well balanced and usable without many major problems so far.

There would have to be a really compelling reason for a 5E to be "quickly" released so soon after 4E.

hewligan

First Post
There is no indication that WotC let Scott go. .... Letting brand managers go invites scrutiny, so is generally counter to the desire of things going without notice until they are ready.

Your cunning use of both logic and intellect is unsettling. Please avoid being both logical and intelligent in the same post again. It is dangerous!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Don't they bring in a new BM with the gear up for a new edition? Is the clock ticking? How far out do the Amazon covers go?

That's a bit derogatory, don't you think?:-S

We don't even know if there is a new edition in the works, and you're already stating it's starting with a new BM.:eek:

Shame on you.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads