Considering a Clone Wars SAGA game

Insight

Adventurer
No, I don't mean we'll do SAGA E6! Heh, good idea, though. It's a 20 level progression game.

I meant what a good starting level for pbp would be.

Oh yeah. In that case, I would think 7th level would be a good place to start, especially if the Jedi characters are expected to be knights already.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Lvl 7... I have an idea. 5th level.

I want to break things up into several adventures over time. I'll even re-recruit at the end of each one, so if you lot get tired of playing and leave me and, like, one guy, it's not the end of the world: we finish the scenario, and you can notch it on your belt that you *finished* a pbp adventure.

Each adventure I'll change the level and move the timeline along a bit. It's a long Clone War.

This first adventure let's do 5th. I want to cover some basic ground, then see if we can't have all the Padawans come back as Jedi knights in round 2 (if it works out, we'll re-introduce the group a year later, say, or just walk in on the group after some more battles and space time).

I'm leery about the stats for Stormtroopers, but I get the feeling that mass combat takes the edge off that: lots of attacks vs. PCs having only one each.

Let's see some 5th level PCs!

Stats: (before adjustments) 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 10. Arrange to choice, then add racial modifiers.

Books: Core
Equipment/Credits: standard 1st level credits for your class. We'll get more as time goes on (and I wrap my head around the commerce here); if you need something in particular, let's talk.

Rainmar

First Post
DM-sama, I have changed my idea from before, mainly after reading core book. My PC will not come from genetic breeding like I thought before. He's gona be from Zebrak race, very resilient from living in harsh enviroment. I think there is a chance of him being drafted into a team because of need of scout and someone who knows things around. For example a planet is being atta...liberated from robots and clone trooper rush/orbital bomabrdment and such things will not lead to victory. There might be a object to retreive/destroy or we have to 'borrow' someone to be informant [preferably high ranking officer]. At such times natives might come with help. As I said my PC MIGHT have happened to be tha native(there might have been a Zebrak Tribe on such planet) and now is leading team thru jungle/wastes/lava lake ;). Later on he could have been drafted in because of his skill and trained to be a Soldier. And then become a Cover Operative and such...then some unlucky accident happens and cyborgisation! We dont want to loose our operative who costed us so much to train...right? Robocop :)

Well that would be my ideas for now. Say a word DM and I will think of something else, if that wont go with your ideas. ;)

During character creation I have used a average roll to simplyfy rolls.

Khor Naruk, Zebrak, 5th lvl Scout

Str 10 (+0) ######BAB: +3, Damage Bonus: +2,
Dex 17 (+3) ######HP: 26 + 26 = 52 hp
Con 14 (+2) ######Force Points: 7
Int 14 (+2) ######Fort:[1+1+2+5+10] +19
Wis 12 (+1) ######Ref: [1+3+2+10+5+2] +23
Cha 10 (+0) ######Will: [1+1+10+5] +17

Zebrak Species: Highened Awareness, Superior Defenses

Trained Skills:
STEALTH(Dex) [2+3+5+5= +15]
SURVIVAL(Wis) [2+5+1= +8]
PERCEPTION(Wis) [2+5+1= +8]
INITIATIVE(Dex) [2+5+3= +10]
ENDURANCE(Con) [2+5+2= +9]
CLIMB(Str) [2+5+0= +7]
MECHANICS(Int) [2+5+2= +9]

Feats: #################Talents:
Shake it Off! #############Hidden Movement
Weapon proficiency(pistols) ###Improved Stealth
Weapon Proficiency(Rifles) ####Total Concealment
Weapon Proficiency(simple weapons)
Skill Focus(Stealth)
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Carefull Shot

Equipment: Blast Helmet and Vest[500 cr.], Standard Targetting Scope[100 cr.], Utility Belt[500 cr.], Slug Rifle(2d8, S/A/, Piercing, 4kg)[300 cr.]

450 cr. left out of 1750 cr.

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
Here my proposed character. Posted the Stats block, since as mentioned before, my books are some 800 km west of my current position (thank the Force for online character generators :) )

Gareth Farstrider CL 5

Medium Human Jedi 4/scout 1
Init +10; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, Huttese

Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 17), Fort 18, Will 18; Block, Deflect, Evasion
hp 56; Threshold 17

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +4
Ranged by weapon +7
Base Atk +4; Grp +7
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +12) Force grip, Force slam (2), mind trick, move object, surge

Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 10
Talents Block, Deflect, Evasion
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Initiative +10, Knowledge (galactic lore) +8, Perception +9, Pilot +10, Stealth +10, Survival +9, Use the Force +12

Gareth was inducted into the Jedi order as a young child and went through the normal training period as a youngling. When his master picked him as a padawan, that normality ended. His master considered too much reliance on Jedi abilities to be a dangerous thing and therefore exposed Gareth to life at the "frontier" for a while before continuing with a more traditional education. Gareth picked up some tricks and is well able to survive on his own without having to resort to the force. He is taciturn and never really at ease when in the company of strangers. Having just returned to the temple after returning from a solo mission (a totally uneventful tour as bodyguard in the entourage of a senator), he discovered that his master has gone missing.

Edit: While the generator got the maths right, as far as I can tell, I will of course double-check everything as soon as possible.

HP are not for level 5 though. Wasn't sure how to proceed there. Average, Max-2, Max, Random?

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Here's what I have so far

Alpha-45 "Brynn" CL
Male Cloned Human (Jango Fett Template) Soldier 5

Destiny 05/05; Force 07/07; Dark Side
Init +10; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 10+1+3+? Fort 10+2+1+5 Will 10+5
HP ; Threshold
Immune
Speed 6 squares
Melee
or
Ranged Blaster Rifle +10 3d8+2 damage
Base Atk +5; Grp
Atk Options
Special Actions
Abilities Str 14 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 15 Wis 10 Cha 10
Special Qualities
Talents Armored Defense, Battle Analysis, Improved Armor Defense,
Feats Martial Arts I, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Quick Draw
Skills Climb +9, Initiative +10, Knowledge (Tactics) +9, Jump +9, Perception +7
Possessions

Money (3d4*250=)

fireinthedust

Explorer
They're looking great so far.

Gareth: Did you want a low-Cha Jedi? Keep in mind that your Cha bonus is the bonus to your rolls, while the Wis bonus is how many powers you have. Deflect and Block are both dependent upon Cha bonus as well. The stats are descriptive more than anything else, but still handy to keep in mind. A 14 would not be a bad stat to have, for example.

EDIT: can you also link me to the character generator?

Alpha-45: looks fine. It should be 13, not 15, however.

In fact, you both have a 15 instead of another number. Is there some other set of stats the generators seem to use? Link me to them!

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
I used this one:
Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible...

As far as I recall, characters got a +1 to two attributes of choice at 4th level ... or am I confusing that with one of the other d20 games?

Actually, now that you mention it I noticed that I made a mistake in creating Gareth, if what I mentioned above is true. I used 16, 14, 12, 12, 10, 10 instead of 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 10.

I'l edit the character a bit. And low Cha is on purpose.
Gareth is not really a people person. And Jedi suffer from that same illness Paladin suffered from in 3e ... MAD (multiple attribute disorder) :)

Dexterity is needed for fighting (so is Strength to a lesser degree). Wisdom give more force powers (always helpful), Constitution can save lives with that extra hitpoints, Intelligence also helps because you get skills (a weakness of the Jedi). Leaves Charisma ... that is good for Use the Force and the social skills. Honestly speaking, Nobles are way better in social environments than Jedi and Use the Force can be bolstered with Skill Focus, if need be.

Padreigh

First Post
Two quick questions.

HP: What's the word now on HP? Random roll, average, max, max-2?

Equipment: I was wondering. In a Republican campaign, would Jedi actually "own" equipment? I would suggest that Jedi only have their lightsabre and their robes and the rest (survival kits, utility belts etc.) will be supplied on a mission basis.

Last edited:

Remove ads