Considering DMing a game... [Interest Check]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Would revivify apply to massive damage or stuff like disintegrate?

While I don't have the book it comes from, you could say it is Epic Revivify, a spell created specifically for the arenas. Cast 1/year or some such in some big, impressive ceremony for "the sanctity of the arena"... Or whatever you want. If you say it's Epic magic, there can be no questions! ;)

Haha, this field is more complicated than I thought if I have to explain every in and out on how it works.

I've known plenty of inquisitive players/characters (myself included, at times), and having an answer ready definitely helps.

Also, I am working on my Warlock. Currently going Wild Elf... and a bit insane. :lol:
How much starting gold are we going to get, or are you going to issue us armor and weapons from stockpiles in the arena?
(BTW, such things can make fights very interesting for martial characters, though it can mess with a weapon-specialized Fighter or such. Casters really don't face any issues, unless armor is required for the combat.)

Theroc

First Post
Well, I hadn't thought that through yet, but since the idea is you're all stuck in the arena involuntarily for some reason or another, I'd say inexpensive equipment. Haven't checked the numbers, but minimum gold rolled? Or something to that effect. If that turns out too small to do anything with, I can tweak it.

Epic Revivify sounds like a good idea. Might not have it last the whole year(as sometimes deathmatches ARE held).

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well, I hadn't thought that through yet, but since the idea is you're all stuck in the arena involuntarily for some reason or another, I'd say inexpensive equipment. Haven't checked the numbers, but minimum gold rolled? Or something to that effect. If that turns out too small to do anything with, I can tweak it.

Um... Just found a problem. Warlock (and Warmage and Wu Jen) don't have starting gold listed, in the book or Errata. Care to assign a number? I'd think it would be similar to a Sorcerer's starting gold...

Epic Revivify sounds like a good idea. Might not have it last the whole year(as sometimes deathmatches ARE held).

Or there are multiple arena rings, like a giant complex. Some are protected, some aren't. Just a thought. :)
Such a thing (hosting several matches at once) could allow a lot more spectators and money coming into the arena.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... Thanks for the ideas, DW.

For Warlock, assume sorcerer gold.

VV: I'm not really ready to go over character apps yet, I haven't even posted the official recruiting page yet. :p

I am assuming the character creation rules I've posted are amenable for everyone?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Hm... Thanks for the ideas, DW.

Quite welcome. I did offer to assist the DM, after all. :)
I just hope I don't come off as pushy/imposing... I know it tends to happen to me in everyday stuff (my entire family has a way of coming off as arrogant, though we really aren't).

For Warlock, assume sorcerer gold.

Will do. Warlocks are rather easy to equip anyway. :)

I am assuming the character creation rules I've posted are amenable for everyone?

Good by me. I should have my half-crazed Wild Elf Warlock ready in the next few days.

Though, seeing as you already have numerous parties posting here, why not just Advanced Edit the first post and make this the Recruiting/OOC thread? Or did you want to give others another chance to hop on board? Also, were you planning on leaving it as Open Recruitment (similar to Off to War)?

SolosAddie

Explorer
fine by me. i reserve the right to change any and all character race/class ideas i have until official character creation thread. Still going for goliath, but may change class.

Theroc

First Post
fine by me. i reserve the right to change any and all character race/class ideas i have until official character creation thread. Still going for goliath, but may change class.

Haha, I had no intention of taking it from you.

DW: I figured it'd help avoid clutter if I made a new thread once I was ready. I *COULD* edit. But I think I'd lose track of stuff.

Oh: HP rolls. I'm thinking max per die, for simplicity's sake and it will likely make estimating the CR of a battle easier than if we made the HP extremely variable each time. (barbarians rolling 1 on HP rolls squishier than mages rollin' lucky 4's.) lol

Theroc

First Post
Recruiting thread is up, this thread can be used to discussion until I've got the entire recruiting thread finished, to avoid some clutter there. I'm not sure I'm ready to start DMing this soon, so I hope you guys can be patient and give me time to work up more specifics on the game.

I literally came up with the idea of a "Gladiator game" and posted the interest check... that was about all the thought I'd put in before posting it. :p

I gotta brush up on my DMG and the like as well.

Glad to see you guys are excited though. Just hope I can deliver. :)

Remove ads