• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Helfdan

First Post
A tall, broad-shouldered man in finely-crafted banded mail armor under a constable's tabard laughs heartily at the dwarf's words. He has brown hair, pale blue-gray eyes, and a friendly expression on his tanned countenance.

"Well met, and welcome, my friends. I am Sir Alarion of Tovarre. You are correct in that Ignatious does not like us patrolling the ward in proper armor. But we have just arrived from a foray outside our fair city, where such gear was most needful. "

Attachments

• alarion1.jpg
    alarion1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Great pic, Helfdan! You know, it would be nice if I could compile an album of pics of all the constables. (As far as I know, Alarion's and Brae's are the only two available so far.) Iggy might even have you all pose for portraits and then create a "Wall of Fame" in his office? :D

Rhun

First Post
"Well met indeed, Tau and Braz," says Brae with a smile. "And may the blessings of Meda be upon you." The cleric takes another large slug of ale. "With the sudden departure of our companion Jonas, we can certainly use a couple of able bodies."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

A huge form rises from a bench at the table. It is unclear whether his slight stoop is meant to be a shallow bow or if he's just ducking his head to keep from denting one of the beams. He speaks in a bass rumble:

"My use name is SoulFetter. Welcome to the Alpha's, and to the Polished Staff!"

Fenris

Adventurer
A huge form rises from a bench at the table. It is unclear whether his slight stoop is meant to be a shallow bow or if he's just ducking his head to keep from denting one of the beams. He speaks in a bass rumble:

"My use name is SoulFetter. Welcome to the Alpha's, and to the Polished Staff!"

Braz gives the goliath a look over. "Well thanks for that Tiny. Can't say as I'm glad to be here, but I am. But seems you boys saw a scrape, and as soon as you came back headed straight for a tavern before bath or fresh clothes huh?"

Leif

Adventurer
Mattie Bulgar

The rotund halfling proprietress of the Polished Staff overhears Braz's comment, and can no longer restrain herself: "Now see here, you cheeky Dwarf! These lads have all built up a tremendous account of goodwill here at the 'Staff! And we all know that they work very, very hard! So, if they happen to be hungry or thirsty and drop in when they haven't performed their full ablutions for a bit o' time, we don't sniffle our noses at them and turn away. No! We gives them a spot of bread, a link of stave, and a dram of aqua vitae and counts ouself lucky to have them! The poor, dedicated, hard-working lot. .... And if YOU find yourself so lucky as to be asked to join them, then I'd advise yas to do a lot less jabberin' and a lot more listenin'! If you're not careful, you might actually learn a thing or two from them."

[sblock=Fenris]I was perfectly happy to just let you keep on going, man, but you finally pushed my button and I just had to open up on ya! :);)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Can't say as I'm glad to be here, but I am."

The Urgant grins, his white teeth showing bright from behind his gray skin. It's a somewhat disconcerting sight, somewhere between competitively insolent and warmly welcoming.

"Now I'm confused. Not that it's difficult to confuse me - even on my brightest day I'm not the sharpest axe in the shed. Did you mean you're NOT glad to be here, but must be here anyway? Or that you're glad to be here, but can't say so, in which case you just did say so, so . . . Oh, never mind. It's been a long day. Sit if you wish, or go to the other room so the stink of our work won't offend your delicate dwarven sensibilities."

With that he resumes his seat and, still grinning, pushes a tray of staves across the table to the dwarf.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
With all the larger and more outspoken constables all gathered together in one room, it was almost easy to overlook Thea. She had chosen her seat carefully, allowing Soulfetter's massive form to screen her from the view of anyone just entering the room.

Her voice was cool- not unfriendly, but simply measured and carefully composed. "I'll add my welcome as well, gentlemen- you can call me Thea. It seems now that the reason behind our esteemed magistrate's sudden charity is revealed- his delay allows you to see if you're ready to join us, and allows us to take your measure as well, before we head back out into the wild. Now tell us, if you will- what skills do you bring to our company?"

OOC: And just a reminder- at least some of us have cleaned off, through the use of a carefully applied Prestidigitation. Given the likely standards of city living, we may be cleaner now than we were when we left.

OOC 2: Description: Thea (who hasn’t answered to or even heard her full name in years) is a small young human woman, both short and slender. She stands no more than five feet tall, and weighs just about 100 pounds. She has long wavy dark hair- a fall of soft black tresses that she typically wears unbound when off duty, and ties into a single no-nonsense braid when in uniform. She has a very pale, almost luminous complexion and big green eyes- she has a wholesome, innocent look to her, which conceals a sharp mind and nerves of steel.

While on duty, she tends to dress in simple, almost severe garb- typically plain trousers, knee-length soft boots, and a high-collared coat of dark fabric- with her uniform surcoat (and possibly a deep-hooded cloak, depending on the weather) over her basic clothes. She also wears soft black gloves, and spectacles of smoke-tinted glass, and she is usually quite fastidious about keeping her uniform clean and neat. Besides her standard issue truncheon, she never wears a visible weapon other than a plain dagger- in general she disdains physical armaments anyway.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Oops, forgot SoulFetter was one beneficiary of said Prestidigitation. Edited previous post to remove the grime from his face.:cool:[/sblock]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Well, I am a practitioner of both arcane and divine magic. I have the ability to create some magic items, should anyone require that. I also speak 13 different languages. I find them fascinating to study and will probably be learning more as time goes on. Finally, as long as I have the proper spells, I can create bursts of fire at range and at will, all day long. I would demonstrate but I believe that doing so in a wooden building filled with alcohol would be a bad idea." Tau smiles slightly as his own remark.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads