• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Leif

Adventurer
In The Polished Staff -- Maddie Bulgar

"Most of them were from the LCA, if that's what you mean, Alarion. But there have also been some coming over here from the Bardic colleges in the Tenth Ward." Maddie chuckles, "I tried to get some of the more talented bards to teach Felderman some new songs!"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"It wouldn't take more than the simplest of magics to fraud a business out of some coin," says Brae. "But you'd have to do it over and over to create the sizable lack of funds that Maddie is seeing here."

Scotley

Hero
Maddie comments, "Those students haven't returned. Would they need to be here to do their magic? Most of my customers are regulars."

Rhun

First Post
"Perhaps, though perhaps not." Brae scratches at his beard. "Unfortunately, I know little of arcane magics. Tau, what say you?"

Lou

Explorer
Watching for a period of time as you enjoy your meal you can see the staff dropping coins in the box regularly and the sound changes indicating the pile of coins inside grows as you would expect.

Eating and drinking, Raul naturally starts to count the coin drops. The longer he watches, the more careful he becomes in keeping the count.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
As the attention draws toward Tau again, he begins getting nervous. Trying to block the fact that eyes are focused on him, he begins to think about the problem. "I suppose I could cast a spell that would sound an alarm if the box was opened. It could be either audible to everyone or just me. Would you rather listen for the alarm yourself or have me stay around in order let you know when it happens? It would have to wait until tomorrow either way, however, because I would have to look the spell up first."

Scotley

Hero
Raul notes that business seems to be good and a significant number of coins drop into the box. Most are silver, but a few gold coins go in as well.

OOC: Was Tau's question directed at Maddie or his companions?

Scotley

Hero
"Oh Constable Tau, that is a very generous offer, but I know you have much more important things to do than play mother hen to one halfling tavernkeep. If you'll teach me what to look for when the alarm goes off I'll be ready."

Remove ads